9th ⓒⓗⓐⓟⓣⓔⓡ

Chapter 9

♤ⓙⓐⓒⓔ♤

"Love... or lust?"

I pulled up at her house and looked at the entrance. There stood a man so familiar, but I could not remember where I have seen him before.

"How did you-" San was about to ask, so I cut her off by doing the most unexpected thing- I kissed her on the cheek. Believe me, I'm surprised I did that too. I just didn't want to tell her that I actually stalked her.

"Bye San," I smiled at her, my cheeks a deep shade of red.

She stumbled out of the car, equally as surprised as me. Anxious to get away, I drove off, watching her wave at me through the mirror. I can't believe I actually did that. Jac you stupid. How many hearts do you want to break until you are totally satisfied?

But... she's different. She's not those sluts that I usually hang out with. She is pure and innocent. And... she has changed me.

I don't go to pubs now. They make me disgusted with them after I met her. I have always been disgusted by them actually, but the disgust I felt last time wasn't as strong as now. I stalked her and tried to find ways to speak to her. Gosh... What is wrong with me?

I rubbed my face with my free hand. A horn was suddenly blasted and I jerked my car to the right just in time to escape a car crash. A sound of plastic bag hitting the floor could be heard.

How could there be sound of plastic bags in my car when I didn't buy anything? I didn't... but San did! Oh gosh I need to pass her clothes back.

I turned into an empty carpark nearby and took out my phone. My fingers located her number as I figured out what to say to her. Don't get me started on how I got her number.

***

♢ⓢⓐⓝⓝⓘⓔ♢

I tilted my head to the side. I opened the message. It read:

Hey Sansan. You left your clothes in my car, silly you. I'll go over to your house to give it to you. Be there in ten minutes! See ya! -Jace

Sansan? Oh gosh. The message was sent around ten minutes ago, so he would be reaching soon. Wait, how did he get my number? I need to ask him how he got my number later when he comes. He seems to know so much about me. I shivered. I hope not.

I hope he won't be so stupid and come crashing in like a bull. I picked my phone up and started typing.

Don't use the front door. My dad's angry and guarding the entrance to my room. -Sannie

I read through it once more and clicked the little paper airplane icon at the top right hand of my keyboard. His reply came instantly.

'Hang in there sweetie, I'm coming to save you xD '  was what he said. I lay flat on my stomach, my heart racing. Did he have to say that?

The sunlight shone through the window, warming me up. I embraced the warmth as my muscles relax. The heat from the sun massaged my back, clinging onto my skin. I laid still as the whole world started to fade, bringing me to another world with love, happiness and peace, a place which contains feelings I will never experience.

My thoughts were interrupted when the sunlight was blocked out. At first, there was still a bit of light left, so I didn't bother to get up an check what was blocking it. Gradually, the room was plunged into darkness.

I sat up and squinted. Why was my window covered in black? I looked at my window. Clothes coloured black hung on my window like lifeless dolls, drapping at the ledge. Jace. I rolled my eyes and walked over, opening it all the way.

The blackness dropped as slow as it came, drifting down to the floor and landing around a young man. He looked up as a pair of golden captured my brown ones.

A lock of chocolate brown hair fell into his eyes and he brushed it away with slender fingers. Pink full lips stretched as he smiled at me, flashing his neat row of pearly white teeth. He's so good looking. No, good looking is an understatment. He was breath-taking.

I realised I was just leaning forward against the window panes and staring at him. I instantly scowled at him and the mess he made.

"Look at what you've done! You dirty my clothes amd made the backyard a mess," I whispered fiercely. My room was the only room with a balcony and facing the barkyard, on the second floor. This was because my mother was scared of heights.

A lump in my throat formed. Her bedroom at the first floor has not been used since she died. After she left, my father used the bedroom next to mine. I'm not sure if I can call him my father now, though.

"Well, you can wash it," he shrugs and starts picking up the black patches around the house and dumping them into the plastic bag. He tied the two handles together and threw it towards my window. It landed in my room with a thud.

"Can I come in?" he asked. I shook my head and pointed to the door, hoping he gets the message.

"I won't be noisy, I promise," he said. I thought about it. Sigh, what is there to loose anyway?

I nodded and told him, "Climb that tree and try to hop in onto the balcony." I pointed to the tree and traced my finger from its roots to the balcony by my left. He nodded and started climbing the tree a few metres away from me.

I walked over to the door and laid flat on the floor, my belly pressed against the cold wooden floor. There wasn't any figure of my father's shoes, which means he must have gone out or back to his room. I heard two thuds behind me and turned around.

Jace stood there dusting his hands and looking around. His eyes landed on me after scanning the room. He closed the distance between us.

"Have you been crying?" concern filled his voice.

I stared into his golden eyes. Why would he even care? I nodded, a tear slipping from the edge of my eye. Oh no, I can't cry in front of him, not again.

But the more I tried to resist the tears, the more persistent they were to spill. Tears pooled in my eyes, blurring my vision. Jace reached out a hand and cupped my cheek.

"Don't cry," he whispered.

That just made more tears spring to my eyes. More droplets of tears rolled down my cheeks. He used his thumb to wipe them away, his slender fingers trying to stop the flow of tears.

He frowned. "Please, don't cry Sannie. Don't cry," he said, desperate.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw him lift his other arm. It floated in mid-air as he hesitated. Coming to a decision, he wrapped his arms around my neck and pulled me against him. His warmth seep through the white cotton shirt he was wearing.

I put my arms around his waist and hugged him back, clingging onto him like he was my lifeline.