Chapter 2: Confused One Time To Many

*Leilani's Provo*
     I turned around and I see one of my neighbors. Her name is Sasha, she's in her mid-thirties, she has a light ran, and she has red hair that goes well with her green eyes.
"Honey are you ok? I see you run around the corner looking like you were chasing someone." She sounds genially concerned.
"Yes I'm fine I thought I left something in my vehicle and I also thought I left it unlocked." I lie easily, slightly using my powers.
"Ok dear, just take care of yourself." She smiles at me and leaves.
I sigh while walking to the car and looking at it to inspect it, making sure nothing is wrong with it. Thad when I notice a little movement on the front windshield. I walk over to the driver side and I see the movement is really a piece of paper. I pick it up and it has four words on it.
You are not alone
I look around and than look at the paper again. It still says "you are not alone". I rub my eyes and look at it again. The words didn't go away. I flip it over and it's blank. I flip it back over and the words still haven't gone away. I growl and shove the paper in my back pocket. I walk back to the girls and they have finished their ice cream and mine is melted, the girls were nice enough to put my cone upside down in a cup. I lift the cone out of the cup and give it to the girls to share. I start to drink my now melted ice cream and we walk back into Yoders. The girls grab what they want and I walk around waiting for them.
"Who would leave something like this? I mean why can't they tell me face to face and not keep anything in screat? What do they mean I'm not alone? Are they telling the truth? Am I not really alone like I've always thought?"
I get snapped out of my thoughts when Michelle taps me on my shoulder. She is standing their with nothing.
"What's wrong? Where is your stuff?" I ask.
"Nothings wrong. Ashley and Jade have it." She replies.
She looks like she wants to say more but she walks away instead. I follow behind her and sigh inwardly. I clear my head from my thoughts as we step outside. I unlock the car and everyone gets in. As we get in I notice my bag is moved. I grab it and fold it next to the driver door.
"You ok?" Ash ask.
"Mmhmm." I reply.
The ride home is quite and the girls go in to the kitchen when they walk in. I cut the car off and walk in the house with my bag. I put the key on the hook and I walk out the kitchen door to the woods. I slip in though my screat door. The woods are peaceful and it calms me.
The trees are covering the perfect amount of sky and halfway to the creek it has an opening with two trees spaced out perfectly. The rest of the way is covered with the perfect amount of trees again. Their is another area right next to the small creek that has a shed, a bridge over the creek, and a swing. The swing is made out rope and rope only. The bridge is made out of wood that looks like it is rotting when it's not. I sigh at the free space. I lay back on the ground and close my eyes. I have felt my powers needing to reach out so now I have time to relax. I let slowly let my powers out. They seep out slowly. I sigh as I feel my mind clear. My powers keep going until they hit something that resembles a brick wall. I jump up putting my walls up.
"What is that?" I mumble.
I head to were my powers hit the wall. I look around confused for the third time to day.
"Hello? Is anyone their?" I call out.
I hear nothing.
"Please come out. I won't tell anyone."
This time I hear movement and I keep my back to the sound. The foot steps get closer and for some reason I don't feel scared. I keep my eyes closed until the footsteps stopped. I turned and open my eyes. The person standing their has dark hair and a white tank top with a brown leather jacket over it and dark blue pants. He has these silver looking claws coming out of his hands. My jaw drops.
"Wh-Who are you?" I stutter.
"I'm Logan. You must be Leilani. The Professor will be at your house soon. But we have a while until they want us up. Have you opened the package?"
"Package? What package?" I mentally think to myself, that's when I remember my bag.
I walk back to my bag, knowing he is following me, and grab the package. It's in brown wrapping. I pull my knife out of my bra. I look up and I see Logan staring at me.
"What? Haven't seen a knife before?" I ask.
"Mine are bigger." He says with a smirk.
I choke a bit and he chuckles. It's a rough sound.
"I didn't mean it like that." He says.
"I didn't take it like that." I blush and cut though a side of the package.
"Of course you didn't." He replied sarcastically.
I roll my eyes and pull the box out of the wrapping. A card is on top of it so I open it first.
Leilani,
My name is Charles Xavier. I have a special school for people like you.
"Thanks Charles," I scoff to myself being sarcastic for the first part. "You are making me feel like a person with a desiese."
I contuie reading.
You don't have a desiese. It's a gift. A gift you will soon learn to control. At this school I am one of the Professor's. But I, and everyone else, want to be your friends not a person of the law. We want to help you control your powers. We don't want to hurt you. I'm this box is a few papers about all of us so you have the chance to know about us before we meet. I look forward to meeting you.
Charles Xavier
I put the letter in my purse and I open the box and I see a few papers and pictures. I look at the picture on top. The picture shows a group of people looking at the camera. Some are smiling and some are serious. There are a few girls and a few guys. (A.N. I can't remember all the names so please bare with me here) The girls are beautiful and the guys are handsome. I go to the next item in top and read it before going to the next.
~~~~An Hour Later~~~~
"Bloody hell." I whisper as I put everything back in the box.
"Listen mate, it may be a lot to take in so take your time." He leans against a tree.
"This. Is. Awesome!" I scream.
Logan looks shocked.
"Can I see?" I turn to him and look at his hands.
"Maybe another day." He walks away from the tree and starts up the hill to the house.
"Please!" I pout.
I cross my arms over my chest and sulk. Logan turns and looks at me. I look down at the ground. I hear a sigh.
"If I show you will you hurry up?"
"Uh hu." I replied smiling widely at him.
"Ok."
I look down at his hands and he flexes his fingers and the back of his hands do this weird thing and metal claws come out of his hands. My jaw drops. I walk over to him and lift up his left hand.
"Careful mate, their sharp."
"Duh."
"How is this possible?" I ask myself.
I trace the back of them and the metal is surprising cold. You would think that just because they came out of his body that they would be warm. I step away and collect my things, including the box. I shove everything back in my bag and my knife in my bra. I then turn to Logan who has retracted his claws. I giggle at that thought. Before he could say anything my phone vibrates. I pick it up.
"Hello?"
"Honey," Janice says. "Remember how I said I had errands to run?"
"Yes?"
"Well I was in town and I met a Professor that could help you with your gifts. Will you be a dear and come up the house and talk to him?"
"Sure Janice. I'll be up their in a few minutes. Do you think I can shower really quick?"
"Sure honey, you sound like you've been confused one to many times today. But hurry the professor might be busy today."
I tell her ok and we and the call.
"This otta be fun." I mumble to myself and start the wall back home with Logan by myside.
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
1530 Words