5.

Where are the guns pointed?

The two men, tall and buff. Dressed in dark. Sleek, metal, charcoal colored handguns pointed at Liam. Liam's gun is an all black handgun. It looks plastic, but deep down I know it must not be. I am staring down the barrel. Liam's gun is intimidating, it seems as if it can hold a million evil souls inside. And as if shooting a soul out would consume you. Eat your soul and return it to the gun.

Before I saw it, I heard it. The sound of the gun was very mild. Barely there. Why wasn't it louder? The bullet was so fast. Nearly to fast to be seen. And lastly, I felt it. In my left arm. My bicep. It hurts like hell. It burns and aches and I whimper in agony. I always thought if I got shot I would yell in pain, and it would be during a zombie apocalypse. I was supposed to be the hero. But this time, I'm the victim. The noise I made was a sort of low pitched scream-wail. The men behind Liam both leave very fast. Liam picks me up in his arms and hits the stairs. Once we arrive at the main floor he sneaks and snakes around the lobby to the front door. We get to his car and he straps me in. Slowly my world falls dark and blurry. Next thing I see is a bright light. Blinding, nearly. The harsh beeps of a heart beat monitor. And heavy breathing. I turn my head and see Liam kneeling by my side. He looks like he's been crying or laughing hysterically. 

Liam hurt me. But I still love him.

After some long time, I arrive back in Rhode Island. The car ride home was long and silent. After my early morning physical therapy I go to school. I grab a ride with Alex. She doesn't know what happened. No one really does. All they know is that I got shot. Not by who, but by what. A monster and a criminal. Liam.

After some other long time I had learned to care less of what other think, less about money, less about popularity, less about who loves me.

I graduated high school. And Liam married me. He hurts me on the daily. He's abusive.

The moral of this story is that sometimes we're in love with the feeling of adrenaline. Not the person that causes it. Sometimes you fall in love with the bad guy.

This story is more of a horror than a teen fiction. It's terrifying because you can fall in love with a monster and never be able to leave their escape.

But mostly, it's a lesson. Know your ground, know your feelings, and know the people you surround yourself with.

Realize when you're barely breathing and inhale deeply. Realize you are what you are and that change is unlikely but possible. Just breathe, and make it out alive.

___________________________

the end! that's it.

xx
a