Prologue

Simon Minter groaned as sunlight began to crack through the blinds of his apartment, and he rolled over in effort to block out the light.
As he was about to finally drift back to sleep, Simon felt large paws beginning to step all over him.
"Damian! Go lay down." Simon grumbled, waving the dog away as if he would listen.
Damian was a German Shepard Husky mix, meaning he was quite a massive dog. He shed a lot too- due to all the big long fur he had. Simon got Damian a year ago, when he was only a puppy and he's grown a lot since then.

The dog continued to walk on top of Simon as if he was a door mat, and Simon simply grunted in annoyance.
Finally, he gave up. Simon opened his eyes, staring up at a blank white wall with a few boxes piling up against it. Recently, Simon had been kicked out of his old apartment building, due to construction going on in that part of the building.

Simon- with the help of his best (and only) friend, Cal- found another apartment that was in Simons price range and allowed pets. Cal said he was familiar with the place, saying his neighbors were his friends.
Cal also told Simon that the neighbors could tend to be a little rowdy. Simon just gave him the look.
The I will destroy your neighbors if they disturb me look. And Cal understood exactly what Simon was saying, and held up his hands in surrender.

Simon tended to be like that. Very blunt and straightforward with things. Maybe that's why he didn't have many friends. He was a pessimist who hated everything and tended to judge someone just by their looks.
The only reason he first befriended Cal was because in high school Cal acted as his bodyguard from everyone that was at Simons throat. But now that they've been friends for a while, Simons glad he gave Cal a chance. Sure, sometimes he could piss the hell out of Simon but that's what friends are for.

Besides Cal and Damian, Simon hated everything else that the world had to give. He had the worst of luck, and tended to be a Debby Downer.
In fact, Simon Minter even had a list of reasons to hate the world, and made one new reason everyday. It was ridiculous, but Simon still wrote in it.