•chapter 14•

That morning I woke up in a daze, Rose was doing her hair and I was still questioning my love life. I pull skinny jeans and a soft shirt as I scoot my feet into converse.

'What is that seniors name?' I ask as I roll Chapstick onto my lips.

'Oh you mean Randy.' She says quietly as I turn to see what was wrong and then it hit me like a truck.

'Do you mean Randy Davis?'

'Yeah.' She replies as she grabs her car keys.

Randy Davis is her ex!

'Nope girl code, I can't date him!' I yell as I hop in her car.

'Oh come on Charlotte! I don't care, go ahead.' Rose says as we ride down the road.

'I'm still not going to date him.' I say as we pull up to the school.

'Fine see you in math class.' She says as we head in different directions.

Tyler stands by my locker with his usual cute bad boy face on, 'I miss being with you.' He admits as I fiddle with my lock.

I give up a glance before I open my locker and grab my textbooks.

'I'm sorry.' He says as I shut the locker.

We walk to history together, he tries to grab my hand but I keep my hand firmly at my side so he doesn't Actually grab it.

As soon as we open the door to history class, I want to turn and walk right back out because of the guy that sits beside me. Hunter.

Dammit I wish he wasn't so hot. He is such a sleezeball. 

He was talking to Viola when I sat down.

'Hey Virgin Mary!' Viola says as she smacks on her gum like a cow.

'At least I'm not going to lose my virginity to my step brother.' I mutter as Mr. Downing walks in.

She sashays to her desk as I notice Hunters nose. He has white strips cover the bridge of his nose.

'Yeah, your boyfriend broke my nose.' Hunter says as he slightly touches the bruises around his nose.

I wince, 'sorry the argument was about me.'

'It's okay, your not the one who punched me in the face repeatedly.' Hunter says loud enough for Tyler to hear.

'I would do it again.' Tyler chuckles.

'Oh go to hell.' Hunter says as Mr.Downing writes on the whiteboard.

'Oh I totally forgot about the whole incident, Tyler will you move to the back of the room behind Cassandra?' Mr.Downing says. I roll my eyes as Tyler grabs his belongings and trudges over to his new seat.

Hunters smirk flickers across his face as the teacher continues to talk about the first inhabitants of America.

In class, Hunter places his hand on my thigh. I quickly slap it away as he try's to muffle his laugh.

Tyler's eyes meet mine a couple of times during the lesson and he flashes his white teeth at me.

When school is over, I find myself once again walking home. Rose had offered me a ride but I turned it down.

It was so sunny and beautiful outside that I wanted to just embrace the nice weather.

As soon as I thought this, the rain started to pour, and it became very dark.
I ran on the sidewalk until I found myself at a crosswalk.

I heard the skidding of car wheels and before I knew it, I was out like a light.