Prologue

@zinszerlina                                                                                     (Ellie Morgan)

I leant against the stone cold van wall as the car jerked forwards and as it bounced over the stone road underneath us. The familiar stench of cigarettes was evident and I shut my eyes in an attempt to shut out my surroundings.

"You nervous", a twangy southern accent asked, I slowly opened up my eyes to see Reed, exhaling the smoke from the cigarette that lay idle in his tattooed hands. He seemed oddly relaxed despite what was yet to come, but I guess that was Reed for you.

"Of course not" I whispered coldly. The words felt foreign on my tongue and I proceeded to run my hands through my course blonde hair, trying to seem as at peace as he was.

A low chuckle escaped his lips and he stared right at me, letting me for just a moment to look at him. Tattoos trailed down his neck and piercings were dotted randomly, so this was the infamous Reed Michael.

"Why?" I muttered. I maintained eye contact; he stared back which revealed his bright grey eyes which for some reason was strangely unsettling.

"Why what?" he drawled out as he watched the smoke around him rise and fall.

"Why are you here?, it's always Dean." In the past it was Dean who 'handled me' took me to the office, wrote down what was going to happen and briefed me... but today.

He leant towards me and I felt the urge to cower backwards, but there wasn't anywhere to go. Instead just as he was inches away from my face, I blew and popped the pink bubble-gum I had been currently chewing.

I was rewarded with a smirk and he moved back to where he had been currently sitting.

"To answer your question..." he waited for me to say my name.

"Morgan" I hissed, "but you already knew that didn't you"

"Yeah, but I wanted to hear you say it" he blew out more smoke and I shook my head at his ignorant comment but let him continue.

"To answer your question... Morgan, Dean just doesn't deal with situations like these" I raised an eyebrow at his comment. "The big situations that is, and this Morgan is big"

The previous nervous butterflies had now been replaced with an overwhelming feeling of dread.

He laughed obnoxiously, "You look like you're going to be sick, someone scared" he teased.

My face hardened at his comment "It's the smoke" I retorted. He nodded his head slowly in disbelief but honestly I didn't care what he thought of me. Just let this be over.

I studied him closely, his jeans matched my jeans, black with rips at the knees. How typical. His brown hair was flopped on his head and his position mirrored mine.

"How old are you?" I asked.

He rose his eyebrow at me,"You sure do ask many questions"

"That's because no one ever gives me a straight answer around here" I argued. Before he had time to say anything the van came to an abrupt stop and the back doors were swung open to reveal familiar faces.

Reed looked at them, steadily stood up and then put out his hand for me to grab. "We've arrived at the castle princess"

I grabbed his hand before he had the chance to move it away, and at ease he pulled me up. I jumped out of the van and onto the concreate floor, the fresh air engulfed me but I was surprised at how dark it was.

I looked around in confusion as i tottleded along following reed and the guards into the basement of an unfamiliar building. I stopped suddenly, unsure what was going on.

"Hey Reed" I yelled out, I spun round on my heel trying to figure out where we were, the men ahead of me continued to talk obvious to the fact that I was 20ft behind them.

"Reed!" I screamed, in hope to grab his attention, from way over here I could see his reluctance as he turned and replied.

"What" he snapped at me.

"What time is it?" I asked, I shifted my weight on my other foot as I looked him straight in the eye, I knew he wasn't fond of answering questions and this was important.

After a few seconds of silence him replied, a smirk etched on his face revealing unwanted dimples. "Why? It's not like you're going to get told off by your parents" he paused his smirk grew wider as he continued "why not? Oh yeah you don't have any" he remarked.

His eyes stayed locked on mine but I refused to give him any pleasure in this so I just smirked back "Guess I'm lucky then" I snarled. That was a low blow and he knew it. I causally strutted over to him so we were standing side by side.

"Actually reed, I do have somewhere to go tomorrow ... dress shopping.. with Lennox" I twirled my hair and strolled forward.

From behind I heard a loud snort "Please tell me you're not actually buying into that bullshit" he yelled.

I yelled back, amused and offended by his comment "What? We're best friends", he snorted again.

We approached the stairs, the familiar guards were already upstairs but I was having trouble getting past this obstacle. Reed went past, the stench of his cigarette following him but I knew as I soon as I walked up these stairs I'd officially ruined everything I'd built for myself. Flashbacks and happy memories hit me in gut . in a few seconds questions danced in my brain and regret jammed itself in my throat. It was too late though.

I climbed the stairs.