DISCOVERY

I really hoped that today would cool off because today's forecast was around one hundred degrees. Being the idiot I was I walked the long way home. Then I suddenly realize that I had to go to my aunts house which was even further than my house.
  The long route was through the forest, but even though it was a forest it barely provided any kind of shade.
   Of course I stopped to take a break before my legs turned to jelly and I melted.
  Lucky me I spotted a crevasse in the forest and I sat down on the rock at the bottom. It wasn't the most comfortable seat that I've ever had but it would do.
  I stayed there for about five minutes while I cooled off. As I was about to get up I heard a sound a little further down the crevasse. The sound was like no other sound I've ever heard. It didn't even sound like an animal on earth.
  Of course being the idiot I was I decided to check it out. Yes, the one thing that you should never do in a horror movie.
  I knew the sound was a lot more echoed so I looked for and place that would provide alot of echo.
  Not far down the crevasse I saw a cave that look just big enough so an elephant can fit through. So I ventured down the cave not knowing what was down there. It turns out that the cave was alot deeper than I had expected. I wasn't even a cave any more it was more like a cavern. But the weird thing was is that I didn't look like it was a natural rock formation, it looked like an animal dug it out like a burrow.
  I stopped dead in my tracks as I saw two gleaming eyes in the darkness. I slowly take steps forward and as I did the pair of eyes seemed to expand. Not just expand normally it expanded beyond a normal eye.
  I finally knew I reached my limit when what ever creature started growling.
  Suddenly it roared and fire exploded in front of my face. The fire lit up the entire cave. I could almost make out the creature before me.
  It's entire body was leathery and looked like that of a lizard's. It had bat like wing coming from its torso, and spines running along its back. Its head was fairly spiked around the jaw and top of the head.
  I couldn't believe what was standing right in front of me. Maybe all the fairy tales were true after all, that there are dragons here on earth living among us and we just don't know it.
  I suddenly realized that this single dragon... was not alone.