The Beggining

"Attention passengers, we will be landing in Seoul shortly. Please buckle your seatbelt and prepare for landing."
'I'm home.' That was my first thought as we were told that the flight was coming to an end. 'It's been a while.'
Images of childhood ran through my mind like an old movie. Appa giving me piggy back rides. The bright smile from my eomma when I showed her how well I could read. Jaeyong oppa and Taeyong oppa playing tag with me.
The car accident.
The fire.
The scars.
I shake my head, clearing it of non positive thoughts. This is a happy time. My hyeongje and I are back, that's the good part. We're going to live with our aunt and her family. We'll be together, just as it's always been. Plus, I got accepted into an entertainment company. Big Hit. That's exciting, right?
"Bibi, you okay?" Jaeyong asked me, deep brown eyes full of worry. What he meant was, "You're not on the verge of a panic attack are you?"
"I'm fine, danke." I meant it. I, I really did. Well maybe not. Maybe I was a little worried. After all, I haven't been in Korea for three years and I've become more accustomed to speaking English and German rather than Hangugeo or 한국어. That, and I remember how people treated me at school. As though I wasn't really Korean. Being half Korean and not being born in Korea can really injure a reputation with some people.
The plane descended on the beautiful night of Seoul, South Korea. That's what I need right now. Beauty of a city that is once again my home.
I'll be okay. I'm Bae Bi Kwin, I can do anything.

(AN: Danke (German)= Thanks, Hyeongje (Korean)= Brothers, Hangugeo (Korean)= Korean Language)

"Bikwin? Time to wake up, honey."
"Just five more minutes, please," I grumbled as I buried my head further into my pillow. We got to our aunt's really late last night and all I wanted was to sleep.
"Okay, but I don't know if you'll get any waffles. You know how hungry growing boys can get." That woke me up, there's no way I'm going to give up my food to anyone. I know how much my brothers will eat, I can't imagine how much her boys can.
Ripping off my blanket, I threw a red sweatshirt on and flew down the stairs. After nearly tripping twice and running into a few walls, I made it to the dining room where there was a huge platter of waffles, whip cream, and an assortment of fruits. From what I could see, no one had even touched the food yet.
"Go ahead and pile up your plate, I'm going to go wake up the boys."
"Kamsahamnida, imo Sora," I thanked her while dumping whip cream on my waffles. Just as she left, her youngest son, Soongi, walked in rubbing his eyes. He was asleep when we got home last night and based on his wide eyes, I'm guessing he doesn't remember me. I don't blame him, he was four the last time I saw him.
"Who are you?" He asked, tilting his head.
"I'm Bikwin, I'm your cousin, but you can call me noona if you want." Soongi thought about this and then nodded his head.
"Okay, but will you protect me from the monsters?"
"I'll protect you from anything, now let's get you some food before everyone else eats it."
Wasn't long until we were both eating peacefully. Though, right after I finished my second waffle and was preparing my third, they came in. Apparently, Taeyong and Soonhan thought it would be a good idea to race to the dining room.
"Gyah!" I yelped as they slammed their fists down on the table. My hand flew straight to my heart as I started to laugh uncontrollably for no real reason.
"You okay there, Bibi?" Taeyong asked with an eyebrow raised. I started to cough while laughing and I couldn't breathe.
"Look at what you did," I heard Jaeyong accuse both of them. I could just imagine Jaeyong face palming and shaking his head at the two.
"It wasn't our fault, hyung."
Eventually I calmed down. Taking a few deep breaths, I looked back up at them and was once again reminded of how people often mistook Taeyong and Soonhan for twins. Their entire facial structure was nearly the exact same, the only true difference was that Taeyong had lighter hair than Soonhan.
"You okay noona?" I glanced over at Soongi who looked kind of scared.
"Yeah, I'm fine."
"Not with all that whip cream you won't be," Soonhan said crossing his arms.
"Really Bikwin, do you want some waffles with your whip cream," Taeyong joked.
"Nah, I'm good."
"You always ruin my jokes."
"Too bad, it's my job."
"Kids, stop bickering." Our attention quickly turned to Auntie Sora.
"Mianhae," we all chorused.
That was the start of my first day in Seoul. After we ate, Auntie Sora took us shopping for school supplies. This meaning the rest of the day was boring. The next day was when the excitement started. That was the day I started my trainee days.