Chapter 12

"Aye girl come here, stop playing with me." Amaru said pulling me towards him. "Leave me alone." I said trying to pry his hands off me.
"You ain't going nowhere girl." He laughed. "Amaru leave me alone." I yelled still pushing him.
He snatched my keys out of my hand and started walking towards the bedroom. "Give me my keys you asshole." I said hitting him on his back as he walked away. "Why you always hitting on me?" He laughed.
I was getting mad, him laughing made me upset. I walked in the room behind him and sat on the bed crying. "I hate you." I said covering my face.
"No you don't. Don't say that." He said kissing me all over my face.

"Hey baby. I was waiting for you to come home."I said as Amaru walked through the door.
"For real?" He asked as if he was surprised.

"Mhmm." I said nodding my head.
"I cooked." I said smiling at him.

"Okay, How was therapy?"He asked sitting down next to me.
"It went really well baby. I feel great." I smiled.

I got up and walked behind him, rubbing on his shoulders.
"I made you a plate." I said kissing his cheek.

"Where's Amari?" He asked sitting back on the couch. "She's asleep, she was a little tired." I said still rubbing on his shoulders.

Amaru was surprised by Damita's behavior, she hadn't been this way in a long time. He was happy that the woman he fell in love with is slowly coming back.

"Did you eat already?" He asked pulling her onto his lap.
"No I was waiting for you, I wanted us to eat together. We don't do that anymore." She said caressing his cheek.

She got up off of the couch and warmed up both of their plates and placed them on the table. She was in such a good mood that she made a big dinner that consisted of Baked Fish, Broccoli and Cheese, mashed potatoes, green beans and little shrimp alfredo.
"Come sit down." She said smoothing out her mini dress as she sat down.
Amaru came over to the table and sat across from Damita.

"How was your day?" She smiled.

He didn't respond he just dug right into his food. "This is good babe." He said with mouth full.
Damita smiled at him enjoying the meal she had prepared for him.
"I'm glad you like it." She smiled.

"My day was good baby. We had a sale today, made so much money." He said stuffing his face.

"That's great baby." She said smiling at him.

They both finished their food and Damita took their plates and washed them.

"How your day beautiful?" He said wrapping his arms around her waist as she washed the both of their plates.

She turned around so that she was facing him. "It was great baby. She made me so comfortable. She was so easy to talk to. Thanks for the idea babe." She said pulling his head down to kiss him softly on the lips.

"You're welcome baby , I knew it would help you out." He said hugging her tightly.

"Hey since Amari is sleeping. I gotta idea." He smirked at her.
"What?" She asked her eyes lighting with excitement.

"Come on, you'll see." He said picking her up and putting her over his shoulder like he always does.

He carried her up the stairs into the bedroom that they share and sat her on the bed.

"Wait here and close your eyes" he smiled. He looked under the cabinets, grabbing bath bombs, bubble bath and rose petals. He drew a bath and threw all of the contents into their garden tub.

He helped Damita off of the bed and put his hands over her eyes.
"What is it baby?" She pouted.

"Something we haven't done in a very long time." He whispered.
He led her into the bathroom and took his hands off of her eyes.

"Open your eyes." He laughed.

She opened her eyes and then turned to look at him.

"This is so sweet of you baby. Thank you." She said pulling Amaru into a hug. Her eyes actually softened up a bit.

She realized how bad she had née treating him. She knew that she couldn't get that lost time back, but she knows she will try her best to make it up to him.

They both took off their clothes and got in the tub, Damita sat on Amari's lap with her legs around his waist.

"I love you so much boy, you know that?" She said with her head on his chest looking up at him.

"Yeah baby, I know. I love you more though." He said rubbing her back.
"Are you still in love with me?" She asked still looking up with you.

"Of course, I could never not be. I feel like god made you especially for me, that's why he ain't send you to nobody else." He smiled. 

"I can't imagine life without out you, so whenever you leave this earth, I gotta go witchu cuz I'd die without you and that's real." He said lifting her head with his index finger so that he could kiss her.

Damita looked away to hide the tears in her eyes. She felt lucky to have a man like Amaru. She was proud to be married to him.

"Why you cryin' baby?" He asked caressing her cheek.
"Nothing baby, I'm just happy to have you that's it. I want to apologize to you. You're so good to me and all do is give you hell." She said looking down.

"Stop apologizing to me baby. You ain't got nothing to be sorry for. You, I mean we were going through something that made you act out. All that matters is we got through it. You know I ain't going nowhere, I don't know how many times  I gotta tell yo' ass dat." He said licking his lips.

With that said that bathed, got out of the tub and laid under each other for the rest of the night. Giving each other that silent love that they both craved so much.