Chapter 26

Damita walked into the salon with one of Amaru's hats on. She had just taken down her braids and her hair was everywhere.

"Come on Damita, you next."Taniyah said.

She got up and sat down in the chair.

"I already knew you was gone be late. That's why I got everyone else out the way first."She laughed.

"I'm sorry, I didn't intend to be. Amaru called last night, so I didn't finish taking my braids down until this morning after I took Amari to school."Damita sighed.

"Girl you could have put him on speaker, and did that." She said taking off the hat on Damita's head.

"No way. My man needs my undivided attention. Even if we're just on the phone."she smiled.

"Girl come on to this wash bowl, so I can wash your hair." She laughed.

Deep down inside , Taniyah wished Eric would be more like Amaru. Her brother treated her so good and she did the same. They worshipped the ground each other walked on and she wanted that.

"Your hair has grown so much."Taniyah said running shampoo through her scalp.

"Has it really? I haven't noticed."Damita said.

"So what do have planned for when he comes home, because I know you planned something."She laughed.

"It's a surprise right now. I'll tell you afterwards."she bit her lip.

Taniyah washed Damita's hair three times , deep conditioned it and sent her back to the chair.

"What do you want done?"She asked.

"I don't know. I wanna try something different. Something that will make me look sexy."She smiled.

"You're like a naturally sexy woman so any style could do that for you, but I've got something in mind." She laughed.

"When does he come home?"She asked.

"In 17 hours, 22 minutes and 31 seconds."She sighed.

"Aww that is too cute. She's counting down."one of the other stylist Kenya said.

"I've been counting down since I dropped him off at the airport. I miss him so much and my baby doesn't want to sleep with me while he's away. She's like "Momma, I a big girl. You gotta be a big girl too and sleep by you self"She imitated Amari.

"My niece is a mess." Taniyah laughed.

"A hot mess."Damita added.

"What are you guys gonna do for her birthday? It's next month."Taniyah said.

"I'm not sure yet. Amaru wants to take her to Disney world, but I'm not sure she's old enough to enjoy yet. Plus she's gonna be like "momma you get on the rides with me." And I can't."She sighed.

"Why not?" Taniyah asked.

"By the time her birthday comes, I'm going to be four months pregnant. That's the first rule on all the rides, No expectant mothers."She said.

"When do you find out what you're having?"Taniyah asked excitedly.

"I have an appointment the week before Amari's birthday. September 5th, so I think I'll find out then." She said.

"Girl, you're not even showing."Kenya said.

"I am, you just can't see because of the shirt I have on, but if I raise it up, you'll see." She said.

"My stomach isn't big though. It's like the size of a soccer ball."She laughed.

"What do you want to have?"Kenya asked.