The Twins

Previously...

"Heyo guys!"

"In the last chapter, that old hag tried to timewarp us!"

"Not tried to timewarp us, she did timewarp us!"

"Yeah, well, I don't need your sass for confirmation of what happened! Anyways, we are now reliving our lives as we once did 700 years ago..."

"700 years ago? Don't you mean 70 years ago?"

"Yeah, well, they get the point."

❀ ─────────────── ❀

"Welcome, to the city of Truyah! The date is March 11th, year 418."

"Did we just travel..."

"Yep. We just traveled 70 years back in time. Oh, the memories..."

"That old hag! Now we have to relive our life 70 years over again!"

"Look on the bright side; at least we know when every moment is com-"

"All newcomers must return to their original bodies in this time period."

"Well..."

"Crud."

"And this is the one reason I love being twins."

"Agreed."

❀ ─────────────── ❀

I wake up to the pools of sunlight leaking in through the windows. The curtain's glittery surface shimmers as light makes contact with it. It was morning. Another day to sell some paintings and sculptures.

I tiredly walk down the creaky steps, going into the downstairs part of my home - and shop. Upstairs I have a tiny room, with a bed and small desk. Not much to see, but with a little bit of my creative touch (and some cash), I was able to transform that dump into an actual room. I changed the curtains, got better bedsheets, even a little rug to match the room! Oh, and I almost forget to mention I got a better chair, and a small little beanbag for me to plop myself down on whenever I wanted to. Along with that, I got a little shelf as well, the kind that hangs right off the wall. There, I have all sorts of containers, each holding some kind of collection in it. I even have one especially for soda can tabs, but shhh, that's a secret...

I make my way over to my working station. I see a newspaper on the table, and realize the mailman had already dropped it off. Hallelujah. Since I trust him enough and he trusts me, I gave him a key to my shop. He is in his 70's, and he's a nice, gentle man. I take a look at the request board.

"Let's see... sculpture of the Nigalonian dog with 8 heads, self portrait of Angel Marie, aaaaaaand-" 

CRASH!

SHATTER!

"Hey! Who's there? Why did all my pottery designs get smashed?"

"AAAAAHHH!!!!"

"Huh?! What the-"

"SHHHHHH! TELL THEM I'M NOT HERE!" And with that, the mysterious person leaped behind one of my crafting tables. Suddenly, the doors slammed open, and a crew of hunky men came barging through, each holding a couple of leashes which lead to big, snarling dogs.