A Hit

If you asked me how this happened I wouldn't know how to put it into words. I guess life surprises everyone. One moment someone is there and then next thing you know they're slowly drifting away from you. Relationships were never his thing he told me that on our first date but I was so blinded by the thought that we could possibly be something that I didn't question it.

I just sat there intoxicated by his smile and his charming behavior. I had no idea that loving him could bring me to this point, the point of nothingness. I feel numb in these moments as if it's impossible for me to feel anything anymore without him. A month ago he broke my heart only after six months of seeing each other. Somehow deep down I knew it was going to come to this yet I ignored it.

Who knew that one man could make you fall so hard that without him life seems pointless? I've tried to push through it but once I experienced his love I didn't want anyone else. You could say I was hooked. All it took was one kiss and I was his, unfortunately not for long. I was left in the dust with all the others he once loved. No not loved for that word had been written off in his vocabulary.

I sat on my bed wrapped in my sheets staring at a newly posted picture of him and another woman. It hurt to see him happy when I was suffering. When we broke up I was forgotten. In this twisted head of mine I somehow thought that I'd see him, speak to him again.

Not in this case I didn't get a single text or phone call but who am I kidding I was old news to him. I sat up in my bed looking down at my hands, fiddling them. Even with all this pain I still wished him the best because I loved him. Maybe as time goes on I will slowly forget him and the love we once shared. I knew with time that I was going to be okay and that's fine. As harsh as it may sound I felt as if I was just another pretty girl who he had to hit, to cross off his list.