Chapter One: The Hike

First chapter!!! :D

Only know you've been high

when you're feeling low

Only hate the road 

when you're missin' home

Only know you love her 

when you let her go 

And you let her go...

~Let Her Go- Passenger

~Louis' P.O.V~

"I'm so tired!" complained Felicite. We're hiking up Tegg's Nose in Cheshire to see the view of Macclesfield Forest."But we're almost at the top Twiddle Dee! We can't stop now!" I encouraged my best friend.

"But Lou, I'm exhausted! Can't we stop for a bit so I can regain some lost energy, please?" she pleaded. "Ok, lets race up the trail.Whoever gets to the top of the trail last has to do whatever the winner wants." I grinned.

"I can't even walk up the bloody hill but you Tommo, want me to race up?" She looked at me like I was some kind of psycho who said 'I eat kittens with a side of puppies for meals'.It was hilarious! I nodded.

"Oh Twiddle Dum," she sighed, " But if I win you have to give me the best birthday present next week!" she said getting all excited about her birthday. Felicite loved birthdays, especially her's. "What do you have in mind Kate?" I called her by her middle name. "Surprise me William." she replied. "But you'd have to win to get the best birthday present next week." I smirked. "Who said I wasn't planning on winning?" she said confidently. 

"Oh, but you won't."

"And why is that Twiddle Dum." she asked.

"Because I'm already ahead of you Twiddle Dee!" I said before dashing up the trail.

"That's not fair!" she yelled.

I glanced over my shoulder and yelled back, "Life isn't fair."  then continued up the trail.

~Felicite's P.O.V~

"Life isn't fair." I heard him yell, barely audible. I watched as my best friend's silhouette moved further away until he was gone from my sight. 

While walking on the trail I came across sign and two paths. 'North Side' read the first and 'West Side' read the other.

I checked my bag for the map of the trail. "Ah Louis! You twit! You've got our only map!"  I yelled at the top of  my lungs. Hopefully the idiot would hear me, but he didn't obviously. "You're gonna be sorry that you were ever born on this blasted earth when I'm about done with you!" I sat on a near by boulder, speaking to myself.

"Well seems like I'll have to do 'eenie meenie miney mo' for this" I sighed

"Eenie meenie miney mo

catch a tiger by its toe

If he hollers let him go 

eenie meenie miney mo!"  West it is..in the forest.

"Looks like I'm going in there. God if you're listening please protect me and if Freddy Kruger is in there please let him get me and not Louis, Amen." I took out my locket which held a photo of me on the right and Louis on the left. He was 8 then and me 7. I smiled at the photo then walked into the forest. Tall trees straight ahead. I could see nothing but them.