二十七 | twenty seven.

"so you like jimin hyung?"

"yeah," mumbled yoongi, not looking up from his ds (it was obvious he was trying to avoid looking flustered, but the blush slowly creeping up his cheeks made indifference hard to pull off successfully), "that's right."

jungkook was overwhelmed; this was like a vampire/werewolf fanfiction he had once read.

"h-hyung, if you ever need some b-blood please leave me alone. i'm too famous to die, and then taehyung hyung is going to become a werewolf and him and hoseok hyung will...in my room..."

"what the hell are you on about?"

"n-nothing."

jungkook chose to brush the topic off— he couldn't let yoongi know that he read fanfiction about himself in his spare time.

"a-anyway. i'm going to ask alice out! even if you don't approve of it and don't want to be separated from your noodles or whatever i'm letting you know that you're a very bad broth because you let me feel all these things and i even told this girl on tumblr that my name was alice and my bias was jungkook and i requested a fanfic because i needed alicekook fanfic—"

yoongi put his ds down, eyebrows raised as he looked over to jungkook, who was currently pinching his own nose because he had let too much slip.

"look," he said, his tone exasperated and his manner decisive, "my word means nothing in this matter. i can't decide whether you and alice can date or not—but you know who does get their say? ms reynolds. if it's a no from her, it's a no forever, boy."

"s-so basically...she's the simon cowell of dating?"

"you got that right."

jungkook sighed. this was not how it went in the alicekook fanfiction.

+

alice: wow human blood is so much like chicken blood

taehyumf: are u ok are u hurt are u alice

alice: yes im alice thank u for noticing

taehyumf: alice*

taehyumf: alive*

jiminnn: what where are you bleeding from

alice: where do u think boi

jiminnn: oh

;jiminnn left;

;jumfkook added jiminnn;

jumfkook: boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii if u

jumfkook: mutha ducka

alice: where are you learning this

namjoon unnie: my mixtape

+

"so, mother. why did you summon me?"

"alice. we need to talk about a lot of things. please talk to me."

and alice had never heard so much fear and sincerity merged in her mother's voice—alice knew exactly what she was scared of. she was going to make sure her mother never had to be this afraid about her again.

sarah reynolds was a beautiful woman. while stress and anxiety was prominent in her features, the youth in her was just as evident when she laughed, when she smiled the smile that had an effect on her entire face, and every inch of her skin glowed with what was honest and pure. alice missed her mother's smile. she knew that the reason her stress was taking over her sanity, why her hair was turning grey, why her anxiety was eating up both her brain and heart was nothing other than her daughter.

the same daughter who was going to make sure her mother would never have to worry about her again.

she had a sudden thought of the days when it rained, when her mother had guided her through wet streets with an umbrella held over their heads (and yet they had been both been soaked by the time they got home). the guilt clung to her as tightly as the wet clothes that had latched themselves to her skin.

alice just had to say goodbye.

+

alice: jimin

alice: jimin please tell me one reason why

alice: why i shouldn't end it all righ t now

alice: today

alice: i don't want to do this anymore

alice: i don't want to go to the hospital again

+

jiminnn: because i didn't end myself that day

jiminnn: you should do the same

+