Chapter 3- Another Agent?

*Joe's PoV*

I knew we had our next mission from ATAC in our hands. Grinning, I closed the door and started to go upstairs with Frank on my heels. Before we made it to his room, a voice stopped us.

"What's that you've got there?" Aunt Trudy asked suspiciously. I sent Frank a quick glance, telling him he should think of an excuse.

I love Aunt Trudy, but she's nosy at the worst times. We can't tell her or mom that we work for ATAC. If any of the criminals we've caught and sent to prison wanted revenge, they could start with our family members. It's just too dangerous to let them know too much.

"What, this?" Frank asked, holding up the package. She nodded.

"It's just the stuff Joe and I ordered online a few weeks ago. We're going to go through it now," he replied smoothly. It was a good cover up, the package was one of those envelopes you get things like shirts in when they're sent through the mail.

Aunt Trudy bought it. "All right then, go on and see what you got." She turned around and went back downstairs.

I raced into Frank's room, flopping onto his neatly made bed. "Let's open this thing up!"

Frank sighed at his now rumpled bed, but started opening the package. He tossed a disk at me without even looking at me. I caught it, and went over to the XBox in his room. I turned it on and inserted the disk. Tossing Frank a controller, I sat back to learn about our mission.

The screen was black, but slowly faded into a shot of a long line of teenagers cheering, holding posters and waving to the camera. A song was playing softly in the background. It switched to a shot of a crowd jumping up and down as the song got louder and more intense. The outdoor concert panned to another stage, where Pierce The Veil started singing their song Hell Above and the crowd went wild. A wicked mosh pit had formed. The Vans symbol appeared on the screen, followed by Q's voice, the director of ATAC.

"The Vans Warped Tour is a yearly event that happens every summer. It travels throughout the USA, showcasing many rock, punk and alternative bands such as Pierce The Veil, Sleeping With Sirens, Memphis May Fire and Of Mice & Men. Thousands of fans will travel to the fields where the concerts are held."

"Man, this sounds amazing!" I exclaimed. "But what's so dangerous about a huge concert?"

Q answered my question. "Because of the style and messages addressed in many of the songs of these genres, many groups have spoken against participating in these concerts. This year though, a more extreme group has taken to threatening the bands performing as well as the teenagers going to the tour." The images on the screen changed to different people picketing the setup of the outdoor stages, harassing setup crew and photos of threatening notes. Even a clip of a band member with a black eye and bloody nose, while another guy was taken away by security.

Frank looked thoughtful, probably estimating how many people would be in the group targeting the Warped Tour. I just couldn't believe we got to go to concert for a mission. Looking inside the package, I grabbed what turned out to be two VIP passes for the San Diego concert.

"We need you two to go to San Diego, California immediately- where the first concert is taking place. There you will blend in with the crowd, make sure the bands, crew and fans are kept safe and take down this group- and it's leader."

I high-fived my brother, ready to go to sunny California. I expected to hear the same speal on the mission being top secret, but what Q said next surprised me.

"This mission is a large one, and you will have a lot of ground to cover. So, ATAC will be pairing you up with another agent." The screen changed to a girl our age.