Chapter two

You could say that Alan was clueless about a lot of things that happened around him. His world were books, comics and of course, Jim. So he hadn't noticed weird looks that people at school were giving him, and if he noticed them, he just didn't care.

Until Jim started acting strange. He would look at Alan with a worried expression and wouldn't talk to him as much as he used to. When Alan wanted to hug him, he just stood there like a dead tree. Something was going on and Alan was starting to panic. He didn't know if he had done something wrong, but everything looked like his best friend was mad at him. Even worse, as if he started to hate him.

One morning, before their first class started, Jim pulled Alan's sleeve and said:
"We need to talk."

"Is it something bad" Alan asked "you sound really serious"

"You'll hear" Jim answered him and they went to the quiet place in the hall to talk.

Apparantly, some people were spreading rumors about the two of them being in a relationship. And everyone believed the rumors, because they were spending a lot of time together. And Alan was always jumping around Jim like a puppy. Jim was seriously upset, and now Alan knew why. Jim told him that after some of his friends asked him if the rumors were true, he thought back on their relationship and noticed how it wasn't such a strange thing to think.

He told Alan that he was hugging him too much and how it bothered him, but he didn't say anything earlier because he didn't want to hurt him. He also complained how wanting to hold his hand and kiss him on the cheek all the time were things that girls did, or disgusting homos, as he put it.

Disgusting homo, Alan thought. My behaviour pushed him to the limit of saying that. He doesn't mean it, I'm sure. He's just very upset and if I stop being so clingy everything will be fine.

He voiced that thought but Jim didn't want to listen. He said Alan was a good friend until he became bi. He told him that he could probably control it, and that he should stop trying to be special and stand out.

"Until you start acting normal again, we can't be friends. You are ruining my reputation and now Angela doesn't want to be my girlfriend, and you know how much I wanted that. You didn it on purpose, I'm sure. And even if you change back, we could only hang out in secretwas what Jim said to Alan before going back to class.

"And sit with someone else" he yelled before closing the door.

Wow 
was all Alan could think at that moment. I lost my best friend.