Chapter One: The Big Surprise

Third book!!!! This one is about Natalia and Parker's son, as you read in the description. Don't worry, Natalia and Parker will be in this story, seeing that Trent is still in high school.

Well, I hope you all enjoy!

____________________________

I was staring up at the white ceiling of my bedroom. The wooden ceiling fan was on and I was watching as it went in circles, my eyes doing the same.

"Trent, get up here quick!" my mom yelled to me from the kitchen.

I pulled my blankets off my legs and shot up, sprinting up the stairs. "Yeah?" I asked, walking into the kitchen.

She showed me a letter, an excited expression written across her lovely face. "It's from Yale."

I heard my dad chuckle. "Natalia, love, calm down."

She frowned at him. "Hush, Parker. This is exciting news."

"You're going to jinx it," he whispered to himself.

I glowered at him and snatched the letter, hitting him on the arm with my hand. "Don't say that, dad."

He held his hands up in defense. "Sorry, Trent."

I looked down at the letter, my nerves taking over. What if it said that they didn't accept me? What if they did? I shrugged it off and let out a deep breath, opening the envelope and unfolding the paper.

"Dear Trentin Alburn Coleman,

We regret to inform you that your enrollment to Yale University has been rejected-" A sound like fist to chest contact sounded in the kitchen. "Ow, I'm just kidding," my dad said, rubbing his chest.

I opened my eyes and read the letter.

Trentin Coleman,

We are honored to tell you that your enrollment to Yale University has been accepted.

I looked up at my mom in astonishment. "I've been accepted," I said, shocked.

A wide smile spread across her face. "Oh my gosh, Trent, baby, I'm so proud!"

I gulped and looked at the letter. "I just wish Harley could be here for this," I whispered.

My mom pulled me in for a hug. "Me too, baby. Me too."

Harley was my twin sister. She got sent to military school for vandalizing her ex boyfriend's car three years before.

My mom clapped her hands together, snapping me out of my trance. "Time to celebrate. We're eating out tonight."

"But I do that all the time," I heard my dad whisper in her ear.
She hit him again and smiled at me as a disgusted expression crossed my features.

"I'm going to act like I didn't hear that," I said.

My dad laughed and wrapped his arm around my shoulders. "Don't worry, Trent. That's what happened the night you were conceived. And a few weeks before. And a few days before that. And last night."

I pushed his arm off me. "You're not normal."

My mom laughed. "Yeah, that's what I get for dating the player in high school."

He kissed her cheek. "But you love me anyways."

She rolled her eyes. "Yeah, let's just hope our son doesn't sleep around."

I smiled at her. "You know I'm more interested in school than that shit, mom."

She smacked my arm. "Language, mister."