Chapter Six: God, I Love Her Laugh

I sat on the couch with Aisly at her house. We were watching The Conjuring 2, and Aisly was really scared. She even jumped a few times. I think I saw her cry a little too.

Just at the scariest part, when Aisly was curled up under my arm, we heard a noise in the kitchen.

I shot up. Fuck no, I don't do demons and shit, I thought to myself.

"Trent," Aisly whispered. "Please, check it out."

I grabbed her hand and squeezed it. "I'll be back in a minute."

My heart pounding in my ears, I walked into the kitchen, grabbing my switchblade from my pocket. I turned the kitchen light on and saw nothing but kitchen appliances. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and heard a scream in the living room.

I rushed to the couch, having my knife ready in my hand, when Aisly's dad popped out of nowhere.

"Jesus, dad!" Aisly yelled. "You scared the hell out of me!"

Dylan Sparks chuckled. "Who's nice car is outside?" He looked at me and I hurriedly hid my knife behind my leg. "Who's this?"

Aisly stood straight and bit her lip. "Dad, this is Trentin Coleman, my boyfriend."

I saw Dylan glare in disapproval. "He's a Coleman?"

She frowned. "Yeah. Got a problem?"

He nodded. "As a matter of fact, I do. If he is Parker Coleman's son, he's not good company and he's not welcome here. I mean, look at the boy," he said, looking at my Metallica T-shirt, ripped black jeans, ripped converse with safety pins in them, and my gaged ears. "He's an accident waiting to happen."

I clenched my teeth and balled my fists.

"Dad, that's so rude," Aisly said angrily. "I can't believe you."

He shrugged. "What? The only good heredity he has is his mother. His father is just a girlfriend stealing scumbag."

I had enough.

"Yeah?" I asked. "Now, I'll let you choose. Do you want me or my father to beat the shit out of you?"

"You can't do shit, fucker."

"You're just bitter because my mom hates you," I spat. "And my father is better at keeping a girl."

"I got that girl to cheat on him."

"Yeah, and they stayed together, got married, and had me."

He laughed. "And I kissed her after the accident."

I smirked. "And my father beat the shit out of you for it. How would you like it if I did same?"

"Guys, can you please stop?" Aisly asked.

"Honey, be quiet," Dylan said. He turned to me. "Now, you better get the fuck out of my house, you little prick."

Little? I was bigger then he was.

I smiled. "Gladly. It makes me very uncomfortable to know you share the same air as me. At lease at my house, I'll be with my fantastic father and the amazing woman you could never have."

He glared at me. "Get out."

"Okay," I said, grabbing my keys. I softly grabbed Aisly by the arm and pulled her in for a kiss in front of the disgrace she called a father. "I'll text you later."

She nodded and I walked out the door, flipping Dylan off.

What a fucking asshole.

I walked to my car and unlocked it, getting inside. I had such a powerful urge to maim Dylan's stupid ass Prius.