The Hand

"Alright" I said, while moving Steven back beside Connie "I'm gonna go catch up with the gems. Ok?" "Sure." That was the only answer I got and it was from Steven.
I walked down the stairs and looked for any other gems, but all I saw was Pearl and Greg talking in the kitchen. I knew I could probably find Amethyst and Garnet in the door at the back that had a star on it.
I went back to it and knocked. I waited for a little and no one answered so I started to walk away when I heard the door open.
A beautiful tall girl stood there with a smile. "Hey, are you Y/N?" "Um...yes." "I remember you kid." She said with a smile. "Thanks?" She gave me a friendly punch on the shoulder and kept walking.
I didn't want to bother Amethyst if she heard my first knock so I decided to walk around outside. I went out and saw the statue hand. I remember loving to climb on it when I was little and just enjoy the view.
I climbed over to it and found a nice place in between the thumb and dryer. I sat down and gazed at the beauty of the beach. Then my mind decided to wander.
'Why was Pearl so sweet and Garnet so dismissive? I was so much closer to Garnet and Pearl always thought I was just another weird human. I bet Garnet was just more excited for Steven.
I love Steven, but I'm just his strange sister. I've worked for 7 freaking years, just so we could get along alright. Now he's going to leave and I'm going to be left with Greg. Greg is great, but we never had a good relationship.
I understand why he pushes me away. I probably remind him of his dead girlfriend. I'm just the random kid who got thrown in the mix of the tragedy.
I'm just the servant for the world's hero. I'm the pathetic, weak girl who was pulled into the mess that is the crystal gems.
I'm just another useless human, and I don't get it. I mean my mom couldn't even take care of me, so now I'm going to be a stupid servant for the rest of my life.'
At this point I realized I was actually crying. My hands had become wet and my face damp. "Y/N?" I turned around to see Steven with concern in his eyes.
"Yeah?" I said through sniffles. "You don't actually believe all that stuff you said about yourself do you?" "What do you mean? Are you saying I said that all out loud?" I was so embarrassed, I was supposed to be the protector, and Steven had never seen me cry.
"Yeah." He said rubbing the back of his neck. He came and sat next to me and I leaned my head on his shoulder. "Y/N I never knew you felt like that. Why didn't you tell me?" "Well, I wanted to be strong, so I could leave a good impression you know?"
"But that doesn't mean you can't share feelings." At that point and I just kept crying until I heard another voice. "Hey
Y/N!" I looked behind me to see Amethyst as well.
She smiled at me and said "Long time no see! But, what's wrong?" "Nothing, really. I'm fine."
I then felt a small pain in my stomach. I bent over and grabbed it, but just felt it again. "Y/N, what's going on?" I heard Steven say. "Nothing! I'm fine!"
I felt the pain again, but started to fall off the hand. I slowly lost my consciousness, but felt talons wrap around my torso, as darkness consumed me.
Dang, that was cheesy, but thanks for reading! Next chapter will be in Steven's POV.