Chapter 8

What you going to do when you get out of here?" Kate asked her sister

"I have no idea" Carla replied "Nick obviously doesn't care and has moved on so I guess I might just stay down here now. I was silly to think that we could work it out" Carla replied trying to hold back her tears.

"Carla, you can't possibly know that for sure. At least wait until you have spoken to him"

"Kate, if he wanted to see me and he cared he would have been here. He hasn't even checked with any of you to make sure I'm ok. That doesn't sound to me like I'm his main priority right now"

..........

Nick had only just woke up. It had just gone 12. It was his day off so he didn't have any plans. That had been the best nights sleep he had in a long time. With all the stress leading up to the wedding and then afterwards he had forgotten what sleep actually was.

Making his way through to the Kitchen popping on the kettle he noticed his phone. Looking at it he was shocked to see the amount of missed calls he had. Looking through them he instantly felt sick. Something bad must have happened.

Kate quietly walked out of Carla's room. She had fallen asleep so Kate had just been playing on her phone when a call came through.

"Hey, where have you been? We have been trying for ages to get hold of you"

.................

"Hi sleepy head"

Carla looked around to Kate. "How long was I asleep?"

"Just over an hour or so. I got you some chocolate if you are peckish? Kate said holding out a bar in front of her.

"Thanks. But think I will leave it for a bit. I'm feeling a little bit sick"

Kate looked at her with a little concern "shall I get a doctor?"

"No honestly I will be ok in a bit. It's probably to be expected"

"Ok if you're sure." She smiled.

"I got a call earlier from Nick. He is on his way down."

Carla looked at her with fear in her eyes. "Carla, come on stop worrying so much. It will be fine. He sounded really worried about you."

............

The nurse had came in to check Carla over.

 "Everything seems normal. You are looking good to leave in a couple of days. Are you feeling ok? Have you told your family about your pregnancy? She asked

"I'm just feeling sick but we know why that is. And nope not yet. I wanted to tell Nick first but I'm going to wait for the right time" Carla replied

"Ok well you can talk to me until then if you need to." she replied patting her on her shoulder "Your husband is outside waiting. Shall I send him in?"

Carla smiled slightly nodding her head. She took a deep breath as she watched the nurse leave the room. About a minute later which felt like a lifetime she watched as her husband walked through the door.