Chapter 7

Can you remember your name? Asked the nurse. Carla looked at her confused. Carla. Carla Tilsley she answered. The nurse smiled back at her. She could tell she was a little frightened. Taking her hand she reassured her.

"Ok, Hi Carla" we haven't known who you were as you had no ID on you. But if you can remember where your family stay or a number to contact them on we will call them straight away."

"Underworld, my factory in Weatherfield. My dad will be there" She said.

"Ok then, I will do that now. Just rest up and I'll be back soon. The nurse started to walk out the door.

"Hang on" Carla spoke "Have I lost my baby?" The nurse walked back to the bed "Your baby seemed fine. We think you are about eleven weeks. The doctor will be in soon to discuss that and your injuries"

Johnny was sitting in his office going through some paperwork when the phone rang. Picking it up and answering the colour in his face started to change. "Ok I will be there as soon as I can" He dashed out grabbing Kate and headed to the Rovers. He had told Michelle what had happened and she had promised to find Nick and tell him the news. He hadn't been at the flat and wasn't in the Bistro when Kate had quickly checked.

Nick's day was not going well. He had a meeting at a supplier and had broken down on the way there. To make things worse he had left his phone in the flat. After a passer buyer had came to his aid he was now currently waiting on the recovery vehicle.

Carla woke up panicking with the sweat lashing out of her. "No" she screamed.

She had been sleeping for a few hours now

"Hey sweetheart, it's ok. I'm here now" Johnny whispered taking her hand and calming her down.

She had a bad dream. Well actually it was the wedding all over again. All the hurt she had caused and instantly remembered about her and Nick. They weren't even together and here she was lying in a hospital hoping that it was him that was by her side. She loved her dad and was grateful but Nick makes her feel safe.

The doctor had came in and explained that she had got quite a nasty blow to her head. She had severe concussion and a cut that had been stitched up. The blow had also caused a linear fracture to the skull. They had explained possible symptoms and that they would be keeping her in for a few days to monitor her. The baby had been checked and everything seemed fine there too.

Kate had finally got to the hospital after finding a local hotel for her and her dad to stay in. She had also called Aidan to update him. Nick still wasn't answering though.

"Nick's not coming is he?" Carla said swallowing the lump in her throat.

Sitting on the edge of the bed Kate answered her. "Listen, I have no idea where he is. He isn't answering his phone and nobody seems to have seen him all day. But you have to realise he was so worried about you and he had gone to Devon to see you"

"Can you keep trying?" Carla said looking at both her dad and Kate. "Tell him how sorry I am and how much I love him."

Kate got off the bed while Johnny stood up. "Of course sweetheart, you just get some rest and we will see you in the morning"

Carla lay back on the pillows willing herself to get some sleep. But she couldn't. Too many thoughts were going through her head. Surely he had got the messages by now? Why hasn't he got in touch? He obviously doesn't care. Had he been hurt?. Was he with someone else?

Meanwhile back in Weatherfield Nick had finally got into bed himself. It was nearing midnight and he had an awful day. Everything that could go wrong went wrong. Closing his eyes he dropped off to sleep as soon as his head hit the pillow. Not even looking at the phone which had 24 missed calls.