Last Chapter

Rise

I twist the doorknob and it was still a forest but there is a big tree just a few steps infront of me.

I guess this is the tree of life.

"Why are you here and what do you want, human?"

A sound echoed on my ear and I glance towards the tree.

"I-I need your help."

I said to the tree and I look around.

"And why should I help you?"

It asked and I sigh.

"The town is in danger and so as my family in here. My friends that has been cursed... I don't want them to live that way."

I explained and silence filled the air.

"Free your friends or Save your family. Pick one."

I widen my eyes. I can't choose at all. If I free them from the curse, the town will still the same. If I save my family, they are still going to kill the people. It's no use.

"No. I'm sorry. I can't choose. It will the same. Both of the choices will be in danger." I said confidently and I heard a laugh.

"So, you are the one."

What is he talking about? The one?

"What do you mean?"

"Don't you remember the myth of how to save devils. To sacrifice yourself or to sacrifise them."

I widen my eyes and look behind to see the members sitting around waiting for me. I can't kill them.

"What should I do?" I whispered to myself and try my best not to cry. This is the most hardest question than mathematics.

"I'll sacrifice myself." I whispered.

Are you sure? You can't withdraw or anything.

"Yes, I am sure."

I waited for the tree to response but the aura is really quiet. At the same time, I was suddently feeling really sleepy. Its like my energy gas been sucked up.

I feel that my body is heavy too and the next thing, I feel that my body has crash to the ground and my eyes forcedly closed.

"RISE!"

"RISE!"

"RIIISSEEE! WAKE UPPP!"

My eyes immediately open and stood up while getting ready in a fighting position. I then heard a few giggles and gasp. My eyes then squinted and immediately widen.

"'Mr Kim?"

Mr Kim was infront of me, folding his arms and I blinked.

"Yes, Rise. You are snoring." He said while raising one of his eyebrow.

"Ah.. Sorry." I said and scratch my neck. He was frowning but he then smiles. He then pass me a file. I look ti the file.

"What's this?"

"The case of your 9 friends. It's positive and everything has been solved."

"Who solved it?" I asked and he widens his eyes.

"You ofcourse! Good job, Rise. Now all of us can have a good rest!" Mr Kim said and pat my shoulder before leaving. I frowned and I was hesitant to
open the file.

So, this is what the sacrifice is? Going  back here? But what happens there?

I open the file and the first page was a statement.

Reported by Detective Rise :
Kim Junmyeon, Zhang Yixing, Kim Minseok, Byun Baekhyun, Kim Jongdae, Park Chanyeol, D.O. Kyungsoo, Kim Jongin and Oh Sehun going home from a party. The driver, Kim Junmyeon, was driving carefully, not drunk or anything. Byun Baekhyun, warned Kim Junmyeon that he saw a woman crossing the road. Kim Junmyeon wanted to avoid the woman but he lost control and his car landed to the woods.

Case Closed

I close the file and sigh. So everything is finish?

"Rise?" Min called and I look up to see her carrying her bag.

"Hmm?"

"Let's go home. The case is closed." Min said and smiled alittle. I guess she pitied me and I could only give her a smile.

We went our separate way and ofcourse, I went home. I throw my bag to my sofa and I decided to bath. I took my time and get out feeling fresh.

I feel sad and happy at the same time. I hope everyone is happy there. I hope the 9 guys will have thier freedom and the village would be renew.

I was brushing my hair and out of nowhere, I got goosebumps, which is weird. The aura was cold too. I look up and my eyes quickly widen.

"Hi Rise." He smiled and I frowned.

I thought they are dead.

+++

E N D