Chapter 18

Kanan's POV:

I didn't want to let him go.

"Ezra finish your sentence."

"What sentence?" He said sarcastic and with a grin on his face.

I sighed. "You were a..."

"Ow yeah... First you tell your secrets."

"No!"

"Then I say the same."

"Ezra!"

"No."

"This isn't you."

"I am me."

"The Ezra we know, would say it and wouldn't be so disrespectful!"

"Well...no comment. Just let me go! You're hurting me!"

I released him and he fell on his knees. Dawn wanted to help him, but Zeb stopped her.

"Ezra I'm sorry. I didn't want to hurt you." I said calm without anger.

"Are these really the people you call family!?" Dawn said while Zeb was holding here with her hands on her back.

When I looked behind Zeb, I saw that Sabine did the same with Lissyene. I gave Ezra my hand as a sign that he had to stand up, but he stood up by himself without my help.

Ezra's POV:

My wound hurt so much, but I didn't show it. Kanan was nervous. I didn't know why.

"Ezra, I'll tell my secret if you tell yours."

"Fine."

"Okay... My real name isn't Kanan Jarrus. It is Caleb Dume. I changed it because the Empire was searching for me. Now you."

"I already knew that."

"What! How?"

"I know more than you think."

"What? ... What are you talking ab- never mind. What's yours?"

I closed my eyes and gave a sigh. I just told it... Some people think I'm weak, but those months looked like years! And it was hard...

"I was Kallus' slave."

I didn't dare to open my eyes. And then I felt something weird.

"You've got to be kidding me!"

And that was the weird thing...

I thought you were gone!!

"I thought that too, but anyway... You're going to have problems in the future."

Problems with who?

"With the Rebels. With the girls. With the Empire. With Kallus and Fex."

I know...

Author here:
I'm sorry... I can't make a story without that little voice!!! I just love it!! Maybe I could give it a name? What do you think of Arze? Get it? Ezra... Arze??
Comment if you like it or if you have other ideas!
Author out.