One

"In the beginning, there was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

- King James Bible, Genesis Chapter One Verse One

Espérer POV

Five days. That's all the memory I have left. No family, and a girl I knew for three days before they sold her.
They stole my memory to make it easier to break me. I don't even remember my name. The girl who helped me chose me a new name. Espérer, meaning hope in old central European.

I sat silent, unmoving. The sadists who came in here wanted a fresh slave to break, and sell on for five times the price. The more of a challenge, the more they would bid in the slave auction later.

My chains clinked as I breathed. The steel door swung open, and the tall, well dressed vampire who walked in  turned up his nose at the cold concrete walls, the manacles held in by heavy duty staples. He looked around, his eyes settled on me, and smiled. 'When is this one going to auction?'
'This afternoon, sir, your honour, lordship, sir. If that pleases you sir, my Lord.' What a groveling slimebag, I thought, not for the first time.

Half an hour later, I was dragged into a chamber to get clean. Finally, a shower. Even with cold water, it was the nicest shower I'd ever taken.
But when I got out, the only clothes they had given me was the sluttiest outfit I had ever seen. A black pushup bra, lacy black panties that left very little to the imagination, and six inch strappy stilettos. Ugh! But there was nothing else, and my time was almost up. I almost fell over when I stood up. Stupid escape attempt banishing clothes. Stupid, evil, vamps.

They put a plain black leather collar on me, and attached it to yet another chain. I was led out onto a stage.
Th room was shadowy around the edges, but the harsh white light in the middle threatened to
A loudspeaker boomed: 'Slave #83571-42, untrained. Blood type AB+, and virgin.' At this there was an excited muttering. 'Can I have half? Half over there, ...' the bidding rose quickly to a total of 'ten', then cut off. I was led off stage, where the man from earlier was.

'How much do I owe you? Ten thousand USD, right?' The trader nodded assent, and the man turned towards me, slapping me hard round the face. 'Come slave.' Dragging me towards his car, he hit me again. 'You refer to me as master, understand slut? You are nothing, and I am everything. You never look a vampire in the face unless they tell you to. And every vampire is Sir or Ladyship. Understood whore?' I nodded assent and he hit me in the ribs again. 'Answer properly, slut! Or I'll make you.'

'Yes, master. Sorry master.'

He shoved me into the anonymous black vehicle, and snapping his fingers, the car moved off. Master grabbed my arm and dragged me out of the corner I was cowering in. He pulled me onto his lap and lifted my wrist to his mouth, ripping into my veins with newly extended white fangs. I screamed, and without moving my arm from his mouth, he hit me, hard, across the jaw. I started whimpering in pain and fear, and he eventually pulled away. He said 'If you pass out, I will personally awaken you with fifty lashes. Full strength.'

And thus, I passed into my new life, cradling the bleeding wrist he couldn't be bothered to heal, and trying not to cry for fear of what he would do to me if I disturbed him.