Two

Does anyone know a good quote to go here? PM me w/ recommendations.

I managed to stay awake. God knows how. He led me inside, down a corridor to two rooms. One marked 'Respite', the other black and ominously blank. The Master grinned savagely and shoved me into the resting room.

There was a bed in the room. It had plain whitewashed walls, and one high, barred window, the only source of light.
Of course, height being a relative term in a room maybe six feet tall, only a foot above my head.

He reached into his pocket and pulled out a vicious looking spiked collar, which he proceeded to replace the leather one with. It dug into my neck every time I pulled to far away from the chain. The Master attached the chain to the wall and pulled the broom cupboard shut. 'I'll be back in two hours, and then we can play...'

I walked over to the two blankets on the floor pretending to be a bed, and sat down. Oh, Espérer, what have you gotten yourself into now?

Master walked back into the cell, where I was resting in the corner. His eyes hardened. He yanked me up by the chain, and whispered deadly quiet: 'Did I give you permission to sit? To rest? To move? You do not move, you do not speak without permission. You have no mind of your own. You don't need one. You will be a pet, a slave, a possession.'

'Sorry.. uh, sorry master. Please forgive me.'

'Finally. The slave is learning. Since this will be your first transgression, the punishment will be mild. Only ten lashings.'

He pulled on the chain, viciously dragging me into the black room. He pushed me over to a low table, and lashed my arms to it, leaving my legs standing on the floor.
I chanted my name like a mantra. Espérer, Espérer, Espérer. Never forget who you are. Oh Kieran, wait for me. I will always...

Slash. 'Count.' He commanded.

Slash. 'If you don't count and thank me after each one, it will be fifty.'

Slash. 'One. Thank you.'

Slash. 'Thank you what?'

Slash. 'Two. Thank you master.'

Slash. 'Three.. Thank,kk youu masttterr.

.....

Slash. I'm sobbing now, blood trickling down my legs and back. 'Tten.. Thankyou mmaster, er.'

He said, 'You're welcome, slave. Have you learned your lesson?'

'Yes, thank you master.'

'This one learns fast then. Clever slave.'

He untied me from the table. 'Never look in a vampire's eyes unless they tell you to. If you want permission to speak, look at their body. Otherwise, look at the floor.'

'Yes, master. I understand.'

'As a reward for behaviour, if you are good tomorrow, I will remove the spiked collar.'

'Yes master.'

'Go to your room now. I will send food. You have permission to sleep.'

'Thank you master.'

I returned to my room and slept. Hide your feelings, act broken. Never forget who you are and what you have been through.

Most important, Don't let them get to you. Never give in. Not inside.

Wait... who's Kieran? Someone I used to know? A brother, or a friend, or... something else.

...

The next day, Master walked into the room and grabbed the spiked collar. He lifted me up and demanded 'Why haven't you eaten?'

I looked at the food in the corner and answered 'I didn't know if I was allowed Master.'

'Good slave, but next time I send food, eat.'

I quickly ate the dry bread and gulped the water. He looked at the filthy underwear I was wearing and sighed. He yelled up the stairs 'Cynthia! Get here now!'

A large, matronly woman bustled down the steps to the isolated corridor. He shoved me at her with vague instructions about clothes.

Upstairs, I was led into a room that contained all the slave clothing. She ordered me to strip down and shower, but the recent silent obedience that the lashings brought didn't allow me to even blush.

She dressed me in a black sparkly cocktail whore dress that was more skin than fabric, and new stilettos. I didn't care. Then she whispered in my ear 'Never trust them. They will trick you into disobedience for an excuse to abuse you. They will never care. Just be a perfect obedient slave girl. Accept whatever name they give you, be obedient. And who knows, you might live.'

This went on for months, as, gradually, I realised how foolish I had been. The vampires are our rightful overlords, and we should respect and obey them. I didn't need a name. I was Slave 83571-42, ab+. A pet. I didn't deserve any rights or importance. I was just a human.

I was taken to a new place. A slave shop. Rows of silently obedient girls in black. The scabs from my lashing rubbed under the tight dress.

And then there were many days. I give them my rare blood. The men took other girls home. The people in the shop whispered. My stilettos went higher and the outfits got sluttier.

One day was different. An overweight ugly vamp, the ugliest I'd ever seen, walked in. The slave shop owner. He was given the lists of girls who wouldn't sell. I was one of them.

But I remained obedient. I was too ugly and stupid, I did something wrong, it was all my fault. The masters needed to punish me. To make me better.

I began to refuse the scraps that the ever generous masters gave me. I needed to be thin and beautiful.