Chapter 24

RYDELS POV:

It has been a week. A week since Ross's surgery. Yesterday, he woke up at three in the morning then went back to sleep. Jack won't tell us if the surgery went well or not. He said he wanted Ross to know first. When he woke up Jack stayed in the room alone with Ross. They talked for a long time.

Right now it's ten in the morning. Ross is still asleep. Someone knocked. "Come in" i said. The door opened and Riker came in. "Hey, how is he?" He asked.

"Still asleep. I'm just waiting for him to wake up to tell us what Jack said" i sigh.

"How's Laura?" I asked. He sighed. "Still the same. I feel bad for her" i nod. "Me too"

Ross let out a small groan. I walked to his bed and sit on the edge. He slowly opened his eye. He removed the oxygen mask and wiped his mouth with the back of his hand then putting it back on. "Good morning sleepyhead" i said. He ran a hand through his hair and sigh.

"Wanna tell me what Jack said?" He rolled his eyes.

"Well good morning to you too" he said in his morning voice. "Well?" Riker asked.

He sat up straight. I can see him smiling through the mask. He removed the mask. "First, i won't be needing this anymore" i smiled really big. "Guess what?" He asked. "What?" He looked at me and Riker with teary eyes.

"I kicked cancers ass" he said as tears ran down his eyes. Riker and I quickly hugged him. He laughed. "Congrats!" Riker said messing his hair.

"Wait, wait" we pulled back and look at him. "i'm not fully cured. I just won't have medication for few years then there's a big chance it'll come back and Jack said i might have some pain attacks" i wiped my tears and smile. "But still we're proud of you".

"And Jack said as soon as I'm feeling better i'll go home. And right now i'm feeling great!" He smiled. "Which means i'll go talk to Jack to sign you out" Riker said. He pat Ross's back and left with a big smile.

"Oh my I'm really happy for you" i said. He sighed with a smile. He looked down then back at me. "Did Laura visit?" He asked. My smile turned upside down. "She wanted to" i said looking down. "Wanted?"

"I was hoping to tell you this when we're back home" i sighed. "Rydel tell me" His voice shows worry.

"Few days ago, Laura was on her way to visit you with Vanessa. While they're on their way a car hit them" he hold my hand. "Are they okay?" He asked.

"Vanessa is okay. She had few scars"

"What about Laura?" He asked.

"The car hit Laura's side. She was in surgery for a long time. She has changed. She's kinda depressed"

"Why?" I can tell he's afraid of what i'm about to say. "Half of her face is covered with scars and burns" he covered his face with his hands. "Oh my god"

"I wanna see her right now" he said. "Ross she's not letting anyone in her apartment" i said. "Apartment?" He asked. "Yeah she moved to an apartment"

"What are you waiting for? Get me my clothes and my leg" he said removing his blanket.

I grabbed the bag that he brought the first day he came in for his surgery. I looked at what he brought. Black nike shorts, basic white V neck shirt. And his old black converse. Basic just like what he loves to wear.