Chapter 3: Payback's a Bitch

I awoke to my friends sprawled out on the living room floor. Well everyone, but Em's she had claimed the couch once we walked into the house. She had a bad back anyway so we didn't mind.

I sat up and stretched my arms above my head I looked around and saw two heads. Esmeralda's on the couch and...

I lifted the cover to confirm who it was next to me and it was Chase so where was Danté?

I answered my own question, when I smelled bacon.

Of course he was making food.

I carefully removed myself from the blanket pallet we created on the floor and advanced towards the kitchen. I myself didn't like bacon, but I knew he'd probably cook breakfast for the best of us. But, Danté and I cooking? We were like the Shaq and Kobe of it.

"Morning." I smiled tiredly as I opened my fridge and grabbed out the orange juice.

Danté jumped slightly not expecting my presence, "Morning Bay." He responded

"Want some?" I asked as I poured myself a glass. "That would be great thanks." He said as he flipped the bacon.

"You make the eggs and I'll make the hash browns and toast?" I questioned already knowing the answer.

"You know it." He smirked as he went to grab the eggs and handed me the hash browns.

* * *

After everything was cooked, I put the toast down and went to wake up the two sleepyheads. I peeked in seeing how adorable they both looked, then I stopped in my tracks getting an idea. I walked back into the kitchen and grabbed two skillets that Danté and I hadn't used.

Danté gave me a look that screamed, "what-in-the-holy-hell-are-you-doing?"
So, I looked back at him and whispered, "Follow me." And being the overly curious puppy he was, did just that.

I cleared my throat as I walked back into the living room with Danté not far behind and did this:

"I DIDN'T GET NO SLEEP CUZ OF Y'ALL. Y'ALL NOT GONNA GET NO SLEEP CUZ OF ME!" I chanted as I slammed the two skillets together.

Em's was so startled her eyes went wide like she had just seen a ghost and her face paled, more so than she already was and she fell off the couch and onto Chase.

Chase however didn't wake up from all the commotion that I had caused in the last 60 seconds. He woke up because of Esmeralda falling on him.

"I didn't do it! What happened?!" Chase yelled out looking around the room.

The funny thing about Chase was that if you dared to wake him up, he'd always say funny random things.

Danté's laughter filled the air and I busted out laughing after he did, and boy if looks could kill? I'd be dead, because the look Em's was giving me was not pretty.

I smiled at her innocently, "Morning sunshine. That's for scaring the shit out of me yesterday. And Chase I'm sorry this wasn't meant for you, but you don't know what I'm talking about so it's fine." I waved my hand in the air as if I was brushing what happened away.