part 1

The time on the computer in his basement told him it was 5:21 when one of his brothers came running down the stairs, telling him a friend was here. He knew who it was right away, and felt instantaneously guilty that he was not upstairs to answer the door.

Normally, Josh did not bother knocking on the door to avoid interaction with the Joseph family. He did not hate them, it was just that he was only there for Tyler.

Being so caught up in getting out the door, the lean boy that was Tyler hurriedly pulled on whatever sweater was laying around before rushing out the door.

This was a routine for them. Well, maybe not routine, but he left his house a lot to go be with Joshua.

Today they walked down the street to disappear into the nearby forest. The snow fell lightly around them as they walked down the path.

Tyler glanced slightly upwards at his friend, hands stuck in his pockets. He looked at the line of Josh's jawline for a minute before glancing up ahead. He picked up his pace a bit, taking a turn and leading them to a clearing where they sit down beside each other.

Some times, they just sit quietly and enjoy each other's presence. They were just like that; they did not have to necessarily be doing anything to enjoy being around each other.

"I like it here." Tyler commented, tapping his index finger on his knee due to untraceable anxiety... He didn't really know why Josh was making him so nervous today.

They briefly met gazes and then the older of the two looked away. "Yeah, me too." Any place with Tyler was nice.

The sun was no longer able to be seen behind the trees. This was their cue to head back to the Joseph's house.

Tyler had a tough time meeting the other's pace. Josh actually noticed this, and laughed while he messed up Ty's hair. "Come on, dude. We have to get you home before it gets dark."

"I'm going to pretend you gave me some inspiring advice and smile." He gave his most tight-eyed smile. It was pretty cute, actually. That's what Joshua thought anyway.

They walked up to the door and pulled each other into a hug. Tyler watched Josh walk down the driveway before opening the door to go into his house.

He was met with an unpleased mother. "Please stop going outside while it's cold, honey." She placed down a mug of hot chocolate in front of him and pulled off his sweater for him. "Was this all you wore?" He could tell she wasn't very happy with him.

But Tyler just nodded his head, pulling the hot cup to his mouth.

The next morning, he woke up with a stuffed up nose, a cough and a fever. His mom kept him inside and pretty much on the couch for a few days until he got better. There was no sneaking out for him.

It was odd that she didn't let him go into his room- but maybe she knew that Josh would be able to coax Tyler into hanging out with him. Seriously, she had to be suspicious of his window never being locked and the frame having shoe marks all over it.

Josh ate up his mind the whole time Tyler was house ridden.