two

"Katelyn? Please pick up, I haven't heard from you in days! Please Katelyn.. I can't help you if you don't tell me what's wrong!"

"Hey Katelyn, it's me Aph, please pick up my calls.. Are you okay? Please respond, I'm really worried about you"

"Katelyn, please don't ignore me..."

I turned my phone off. Aphmau won't stop calling me. I've been in my room all day, the daylight peaking through the curtains of my room.

Everything is black and white. There's no more color, only dull lilacs. It feels like my world springs to life when ever I am with Aphmau. She showed a side of myself that I'd buried along with my brothers. She brings out the best of me.

Everything is dim again.

As much as I care for my pride, I'm going to call her back.

"Katelyn! Oh my Irene, you don't know how worried I've been!" Aphmau said, her voice a bit higher since she was on the phone. Weird how that happens, how voices sound different when on a phone.

"Heh, I'm doing okay.. I wanted to ask, will you meet me at the park in an tomorrow?"

"Sure! I would love that.. A lot has happened in the last few days.. I just, I feel like I have no one to talk to, but I'm glad you're here for me Katelyn!"

"Of course, see you there," I hung up.

I know what I have to do.

I can't keep this secret to myself anymore.

I can't be dim anymore.