A Boring Day turned Exciting

You tapped a pencil against your mother's name plate sitting on the desk. You decided to come see what your mother did everyday at work, but now you were regretting it very, very much. Right now, while you were sitting at her desk, your mother and your uncle Clark were chasing a lead.

Just when you were about to go stir crazy, you saw someone asking for Clark Kent, saying they were asked to deliver something one there way. Cat didn't listen to him, just kept typing. You couldn't see his face, but you could tell by the tone of his voice they he wanted to get out of this place fast.

You got up and walked over to the male. Getting closer, you saw a boy about your age. He had his head down, staring at the small box in his hand. You got closer and shook his shoulder. He jumped and raised head at you, and you fought a huge urge to gasp.

You had heard about look alikes, but this kid looked identical to your uncle Clark. You shook it off before he questioned why you weren't saying a word. "Clark went out on a lead, but I can show you his office?" The teen sighed in relief and nodded, a soft smile on his face. You lead him to Clark's office.

He set the box down on the desk and smiled at you. You grabbed his hand and shook it. "I'm (Y/n)"He laughed a little at your actions, which made you blush a dusty light pink. "I'm Conner"

"So, what's in the package?" You asked, trying to start a conversion. He shrugged.

"Don't know, I was just asked to take it here"

"Who's it from then?

He rubbed the back of his neck, looking a little bit sheepish. "Sorry miss (Y/n), but I can't tell you that. Let's just if you met him, you wouldn't wanna go against him ether" You blinked, did he call you miss?

Just about 5 minutes with him and you've seen three things that connected him to Clark.

1. They look like they could be twins, you were thinking they were related

2. You could hear a faint accent in his voice, like the country accent Clark had when you first met him.

3. They both have farm boy attitudes, though it was clear Conner grew up in a city rather than on a farm

Actually, that miss thing was kinda cute, you found your self liking it. Conner looked at a watch on his wrist and a slight panic rose on his face. He stared back at you.

"Listen, I have to go, but if you give me you number I can text you?" Now you were fighting a strong urge not to laugh. Just asking for you number was making him turn red. You snatched a red pen off your uncle's desk, grabbed Conner's arm, rolled up the long sleeve of his black shirt, and wrote down your cell, along with a little message.

Conner thanked you and walked out. You stood there, just thinking about him. He looked like a younger version of the man you had known since you were little, Clark was practically like your father, since you didn't know how he was. Your mother said he left when he found out she was pregnant.

You came back when you heard a alarm going off. You ran out of the office and saw everyone running out. You grabbed the arm of someone running by, which happen to be Jimmy Olsen. "Jimmy, what's going on?!"

"Fire, we get out of here!" He grabbed your arm and ran. Before you both made it out the door, the ceiling breaking apart. You pushed Jimmy towards the door the second before chunks of ceiling hit the floor between the two of you. Jimmy stared at you. "Go!"You yelled. "I'll find another way!"

Jimmy looked hesitant before nodding. You looked around trying to find a way out. By now the fire had spread all over the top floor. You were frozen in place, this was it. The roof above you crumbled. As the roof fell, you were pushed out of the way. You stared at who had just pushed you out of the way. You had a strong feeling who it was. "Super-" But it wasn't him.

He wore the symbol on his chest, but that where the similarities between the two had ended. He sported a causal look, a short sleeve black shirt along with blue cargo pants and combat boots.

"You alright?!" He shouted over the roaring flames. You nodded. "Let's get you outta here" He picked you up bridal style, which made you blush. He looked around and found a huge hole in the ceiling. He crouched down and jumped just before the windows shattered.

Clark's Pov

Me and Lois just got back when we saw everyone tuning out and the firetrucks came. We ran over to Jimmy, who was panting and looking panicked "Jimmy, what happened?

"A printer just caught fire and it got so out of hand and.. Lois, (Y/n) was still in there" I could hear Lois' heart drop. Just then a black dot caught my eye just before the windows shattered. Lois screamed along with other observing the screen. The black drop jumped from the building to an alley.

Back to You!

Superboy bought you to alley. He set you down and you looked out, and saw your mother. You turned back at the superhero. You latched on to him. "Thank You!" He hugged you back before letting go. He smiled before he jumped off. You just watched until Superboy was completely out of sight.

You ran out of the alley at you mother. "Mom?" She, Jimmy, and uncle Clark turned to see you standing there. Your mom ran over and hugged you so tight, you had trouble breathing.

After she let you go you were in the same state with Jimmy and Clark. "What happen?"

You stared at the direction the teenage hero had jumped off into. "Let's just say, that Superboy rumor, now it has a witness to confirm he's real.