CHAPTER 1

I quickly walked down the street of down town California, I need nobody talk to me. I stopped my the TV stand on the sidewalk, the news was on and there was a fire in a neighborhood. I cant stand the word "fire", it makes me think of my past. But I can't think about it, I'm starting 11th grade soon in this new town i don't even know. My powers are gone, they stopped our powers because we were a threat to the human race. The government freaking sucks, my power was the only life actually liked and now I have to live a new one.

I walked to the school doors and stopped, I was going to get made fun of. I'm 6'0 and awkward, well that''s how I'm supposed to be since I'm a "new" person.

Right at the bell I ran to my first class of the day, Mr. Leon. I say at a empty table in the back. More people started coming in two people sat at my table, the boy had brown hair, brown eyes, and the girl had long brown hair and greenish eyes. They were studying me also it was kind of like a staring contest. They were probably criticizing my caramel skin and my brown hair and brown eyes too.

Then Mr. Leon walked in.
"Hello kids my name is Mr. Leon, or Jake Leon. My favorite color is green and I have a dog."
"Now do the same to your "table buddies"."
I decided to start since they wouldn't
"Hi, my name is Scarlett Inferno. My favorite color is yellow and I like pineapples."

"Nobody asked princess." The boy stared me in the eye it felt like he was piercing me with them.

" Don't mind him he's a nobody like the rest of us, my name is Alexandria Spark. I like blue and cats."

"Since I'm ruled out here, my name is Noah Permafrost, weired right? Yeah no more questions."

"Ok grumpy old man."
Alexandria shoved him.
The rest of the day was just us getting paper work. We walked to the bus lot.

"So Scarlett, come with Noah to my house, it's gonna be fun.
"Um sure just let me ask my parents."

" Ugh fine."

"Kk bye."

She was so full of happiness. I couldn't tell her I don't have parents, that's just sappy, sad stuff nobody cares about.