1.

Everytime I close my eyes, it's like a dark paradise. No one compares to you, I'm scared that you won't be waiting on the other side. Everytime I close my eyes--

BAM
You could hear the echo from where my ass hit the floor. I got up and stopped the music. I've been practicing for weeks now and I still can't land the jump. I have two weeks until my dance recital. I sighed looking at the time. 10:12. "Shit!" I cursed. "My mom's gonna kill me!"
I changed into my normal clothes and catched the bus.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

"Mom!?" I yelled as I opened the door to my dark house. "Mom!?" No answer. I went into the kitchen and saw a note on the fridge. I turned on the light as I picked up the note. 'Went on a date, be back by midnight.'
Of course. Ever since my parents separated when I was 15 my mom has gone out almost every Friday night. At least my dad doesn't date. Or so I thought.

I took a shower, made a sandwich and sat on the couch to watch T.V. "Prince Maxon,20, looking for someone to marry!" I continued to read the story. "Queen Angelina and King Henry have decided that their son, Prince Maxon, is now old enough to marry. Girls aged 17-22 will have to sign up for the selection. The palace will then choose 20 lucky girls to compete for Prince Maxon's heart. All participants will go to their local post office to turn in their application, which will be mailed to families that have girls aged 17-22 living in their household later on this upcoming week, and a picture will be taken so girls look your very best! Details of the selection will be announced later on next week."

I rolled my eyes. Of course. My mom's going to force me to fill out that application when it gets here. She's going to say 'you're beautiful of course you're going to be chosen!" She'd probably think of this as an opportunity since we don't have enough money. The only money we have is from my mom's waitress job and me selling my old clothes that don't fit me anymore. I don't need a prince. I have my own man who's not really my man so I can't say he's my man but he's my man. His names Liam. He's been my crush since freshman year. I'm 19 he's 21. My mom won't accept us, mostly because he has a daughter and my mom's all about "don't have sex until you're married!" Of course I'm a virgin. The thought of sex scared me. People throughout high school thought I was lesbian but I was just scared of having my heart broken. I saw how heartbroken my dad was when my mom cheated. I was 15. They didn't tell me she cheated. They told me that the spark in love was gone. But still, I could see how depressed my dad got after the divorce. I later found out when my aunt Caroline told me the truth when I was 18.
Prince Maxon was cute I admit. But there's just something deep inside me that's screaming at me not to sign up. 'He won't choose me, if a high school guy won't choose me why would a prince would?' I'm ugly...

Hey guys thank you for reading my first chapter! I hope you guy liked it. The selection series inspired this story so of course there's going to be similar stuff like the name prince Maxon. I hope you guys continue to read my story.