Chapter four:

*You may want to read the last chapter since it's been awhile*

We all walked down the dirt walkway around the booths trying to sign you up for stuff to get to the place where all the games and rides were. 

"So, how long are you staying here for?" I asked Jeremy. 

"I'm going to be here until Saturday morning," Jeremy said. 

"Oh, that's really soon," I said while looking at the ground. 

"Yeah, I'm pretty busy, so I didn't really have time for a long vacation," he said. 

We all walked for a couple more minutes in silence down this hill until we reach this huge opening covered in games and rides. We stood at the right edge of the dirt clearing and looked out at all of the people. It took us all a moment to take in all of the activity that swarmed around us.

You could slightly see an imaginary line that separated where all the games and rides were. The rides were on our left and the games were on out right. We continued walking and decided to look at the games first and then move over to the rides.

We walked past the one game where you squirt the water guns (I hate those, they hurt my thumbs). We walked as every man in the booths screamed for us to come over, but the majority of the time we refused. We walked up to the booth where you throw the darts at balloons (another game that I am terrible at, but I actually like this one).

The man that worked there was fat and sweaty, since it's the middle of summer and super-hot, but I didn't care. I was having too much fun to give a shit. Jeremy threw the darts and all three hit a balloon. He one a medium stuffed bear and immediately handed to me and I immediately blushed. I turned to my friends and giggled.

We played a few more games, and I lost every single one. If you haven't noticed, I am terrible at carnival games. We walked and crossed the imaginary line that separated the two parts of the dirt clearing. They had a total of five rides.

The first was a ride that had five different car shaped seats that seat four each. The ride lifts the cars up and spins them very fast. Mallory volunteered to sit in her own since she knew that she would get stuck next to Josh. As we went around I turned back to see Mallory leaning on her fist and her arm leaning on the dashboard in front of her.

She looked up and mouthed and screamed "Its better here than next to him."

She pointed towards Josh and I laughed as I turned back to face forward. The ride slowed to a stop and we stumble off of the platform as we were quite dizzy. We stumbled over to the Tilt-a-Whirl, which I love. Also, that was a terrible idea because after that we were really, really dizzy!

After that ride, we decided to go over to my favorite ride. It's like those one rides where there are swings that just spin around in a circle, but this one gets raised up and is tilted on its side, so you go really high up and then fall down. This one sat two people per seat. We went on that ride about five times. Yes, we all got a little sick.

Since we were all a little dizzy, we went on what I call the space saving Ferris wheel. It has a huge column going up that was covered in red, white, and blue lights. The column held a few seats, or whatever you would call them. They looked exactly like the ones you see on a Ferris wheel. The seats travel up the lighted column as they spin around the column slowly. Then, of course, they go back down and you get off.

Jeremy and I entered the seat and just as the others were about to pile in, the man told us only four could fit in each gondolas. My friends being as mean and annoying as they are, left me and Jeremy in our own gondola and they and Josh went in their own. We sat on opposite sides of the gondola and sat real awkward-like.

"So... Are you having fun?" I asked as I nervously wiped sweat off of my hands and onto my legs.

"Sure am," He answered me.

We sat there in silence. I wasn't quite sure what to say. I had no idea why I was suddenly getting nervous. The seats were about half-way to the top by now.

"You know you don't have to sit all the way over there," He said and scooted to the side of his seat and patted the open spot next to him.

I immediately turned red as I was shocked by the way he broke our silence.

I moved over and sat next to Jeremy. He immediately put his arm around me and I blushed once again. Our backs were turned to our friends as we laughed and made jokes the whole way up. As we reached the top I turned around to see how my friends were doing dealing with Josh.

I was shocked to turn around and see Mallory and Josh making out! I also saw a horrified Christina, on the opposite side of them in the little car, on the side closes to us, sticking her index finger down her throat like she wanted to throw up as she looked over at us. I laughed and poked Jeremy, who was looking over the side down at the fair, in the shoulder so that he would look over at our friends who were becoming more than friends.

He laughed as well and then we both turned our heads back around and looked at each other. Then, before I could even expect this coming, he placed his hand on my cheek and kissed me. Shit. Didn't see that coming, but what else is a girl to do but kiss him back?

I placed my head right on his shoulder and nuzzled into the crook of his neck and we rode the whole way back down just like that. We both looked over the edge observing the nightlife. The stars sparkled in the sky, as we we're in a more rural area. It was maybe ten or eleven by now, so it was completely dark, but yet we were surrounded by light. Every booth, every ride was filled in bright, colorful lights. And, finally, we reached the bottom of the ride and we all hopped off.  

Okay, so, I have some explaining to do.

So, I haven't posting in forever and sorry this is kind-of long, so you can stop reading if you want. Anyways, I have been SO stressed and busy. I have SO much homework too. The only easy class I have this year is sculpture. P.S. I'm making a head out of clay right now. Also, I am freaking out about homecoming, but I finally got my dress, ticket, and that's really about it and homecoming in SATURDAY. Another thing is that I am just so busy, I mean, I've have never been this busy in so long. This weekend I'm so stressed because there is so much I need to get done this month and this is my only free weekend, so it's like what am I going to do? Then, I waste time thinking about what I'm going to do. Next week is homecoming, the next week I'm throwing a party, the next week is Halloween. IM SO STRESSED! So, I've decided that instead of posting one a week, I'm just going to post when I finish a chapter. Hopefully this will not stress me out so much. The thing is, I feel like if I don't post a lot then everyone will give up reading this and I really don't want that. So, the whole point of this is I'm really trying, so pwease keep reading. PS This will get finished one way or another. I AM NOT ONE OF THOSE BITCHES WHO QUITS RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF A STORY!