Chapter three: "friends house dad"

It was my very first time being inside an ambulance. Yes, i have never been in it before. So i took my time to scan the surroundings in the ambulance. They had some weird stuff to save life i don't know those were.

On the other hand, my friend vivek was serving pain. The paramedics gave him a injection for him to say unconscious for awhile.

The journey to the hospital didn't take up much time. It was a short one actually, it took us 10 minutes to reach there. Well basically because the hospital was located near by my estate.

So right after that 10 minutes we reached the hospital. The paramedics took vivek to the emergency ward and the doctors crowded the place. They prevented me from entering the room and asked me to stay outside. I let a sigh and sat down on the bench along side the emergency ward. My hands clenched together, my eyes looking at the clock, my mind being elsewhere. "Beeez" my phone vibrated. I didn't realise it the first time as i my mind wasn't aware of it. After a kid was crying out loudly, I regained myself and noticed something vibrating in my right pocket.

I dipped my hand in my pocket to reach out for my phone. I got the grab of it and took it out. I saw something which left my jaw agape. It was 10 missed calls from dad. Well I ain't talking about 1 or 2 missed calls but 10. I did not waste any further time and called him back instantly. Every ring on the phone was a second closer to my dad answering the phone. Every second seemed so scary and slow. Right after the forth ring, he picked up.

"Uhh, hello dad?" I asked.

"WHERE ARE YOU ZACK. WHY DID NOT YOU ANSWER MY CALL?!" His voice all bold and angry came through the phone.

"I...im sorry dad. I did not realise you were calling me." I replied.

"What about my first question? Where are you now zack ? Do you know what time it is ?" He asked those questions one after another quickly, not allowing me to answer them.

"Im at my friends house dad, he wanted me to come over his place to play some video games. So i am here at his place playing games" i replied.

"Okay, be home before 5 zack, or else you will spend the month going school and coming home. No where else will i allow you to go" he told me in a strict and bold tone.

"Yes dad ill be home before 5" i assured him in a promising tone.

I had to lie to him. If i told him that i was in the hospital, there would be so much more questions and problems followed by it. My dad would have came down to the hospital, he would have asked me why he is in the hospital and the worst scenario is when he finds out that my friend has a tattoo and that he has been stabbed by some gangsters. Well, if that all happened i would have lost my friendship with vivek and everything would have just gone haywire. So to prevent all these, i lied, a small lie you can say.

"Zack!" A voice came from the emergency ward. A tall Chinese nurse was holding a board with a paper on top of it along with a pen on the other hand.

"Yes, its me" i said as i was making my way towards her.

"You are viveks?.." She asked me in a confusing tone.

"I am viveks friend" i replied with my hands in my pocket awkwardly looking down at the floor.

"Okay then, vivek is doing well now, we have stitched up his wounds and we have bandaged it too." she told me.

I shook my head and went over to vivek to see his condition. His right hand biceps were bandaged.