Chapter 2: Journey back home

"Hello class, my name is ms gomez, and I'll be your maths teacher this year"

"So can we great each other ?" She asked looking at us and expecting us to stand up to greet her.

"Good morning ms gomez" the class greeted in unison with a dull tone.

Like the other teachers, she wanted us to introduce ourselves. So we did and that itself ate half the period. Basically since its our first day there wasn't any lesson. It was just us introducing ourselves. The day went by introducing ourselves to the other subject teachers. The school bell rang to acknowledge us that school was over. We greeted our teacher and left classroom.

As it was my first day of school, i did not wanted to be in the school so i and vivek took the exit to leave the school to go home.

"Hey! Wait for us!"

Looking back, i saw kavin, danial, shahrizan and william running towards us. We walked to the exit together and left the school.

"So you guys are going home or.." I asked them.

"We are heading home actually" Kavin replied.

"So what bus are you guys taking?" I asked.

"We are going to take the bus 859. How about you two ?" Kavin asked us.

"Oh we are taking the bus 864 actually" i told him.

As our buses are in different bus stops, we took different paths and went to our bus stops. "See you guys tomorrow!" I said waving a hand at them. They waved back at me. So when vivek and i was on our way to the bus stop, i found out that he happens to stay just a block away from me. We also found a small mini shop that sold snacks and drinks. The shop owner seemed old with white hair and wore a thick black pair of glasses.

As it was a sunny day, we needed something to quench our thirst. So we headed to mini shop to see what they had for us to purchase. They had my favorite drink which was ice coffee. They also had viveks favorite drink which was ice lemon tea. We took our drinks and paid for them. When vivek was about pay for his drink, he accidentally dropped his coins onto the floor. As he was reaching out for the coins his shirt shrunk a little. I saw something green drawn on his arm. I couldn't believe my eyes. I definitely know its a tattoo but i was afraid to ask him what it was. So i pretend like i never saw it.

We sipped our drink and strolled our way to the bus stop. When we were on the way, vivek accidentally bumped into a stranger causing vivek to spill his ice lemon tea on the strangers white shirt. That stranger looked like he was on his way to his interview or something. He was dressed all formal and now vivek has ruined his outfit. The stranger was very angry and he began to curse vivek. Vivek said that he is sorry, and apologized a couple of times but that did not work. The guy then gave vivek a punch on his stomach even though he looks so much older than vivek, probably around his 20's.

But that punched never landed on vivek. Vivek took a quick dodge and punched the guy on his face. It just took vivek one punch and that guy was on the floor, knocked-out. My jaw dropped looking at this. "Bro!, you know how to fight ?" I asked him in confusion. He shook his head and we left the place immediately to prevent further trouble. Vivek took out his phone and called the ambulance. He informed them that there was a man lying down unconsciously on the floor and told them where the specific location was at.

The location where the incident happened did not had any cctv and no one was watching over us. It all happened quickly and we managed to get away with it. As we were waiting for the bus at the bus stop, i gathered the courage to ask him what was that on his right arm. His immediate reply was "no, there is nothing there". He said that lowering his sleeves. I was sure this time that it is a tattoo. If not why he had to lower his sleeves and why he had to react in such a way. I pulled up his sleeve and pointed it out. It was a tattoo which symbolized a gang. It had Chinese alphabets in it and some numbers along with it.