Lost Soul

Edited

Catherine gasped for air while sitting forward when a large amount of water was dumped over her head. Her wrists and ankles were tied to the chair, preventing her from getting up. She then felt a damp hand slap across her face. Breathing heavily, she looked up. Cassie stared down at her with a scowl. Confusion flooded Catherine. "C-Cassie?"

"Yes, asshole?" She asked bitterly, the gun in her hand pointed at Catherine.

"Aye, aye, watch where you aim that," she said instinctively and sat back in the chair. "Careful with that, please."

Cassie crossed her arms over her chest. "That's all I get? A 'be careful'?" She chuckled while saying, "I at least got a cry for mercy from Arthur, who woke up long before you. You're such a lightweight."

Her mind was foggy. She wanted to know what was actually on that cloth. She felt like all her strength had been drawn out of her. She stayed silent as she tried to regain a sense of her surroundings. She closed her eyes but was immediately met with another slap.

"Charlie, stay awake. Frost thought that those dumbasses overdosed you with the 'Zombie.' I am not sure why he even cared, if I am being honest." She said while squinting her eyes.

"Where is Arthur? And who is Frost? Tell me what's going on?!" Catherine blurted out.

Cassie sighed, "Arthur is somewhere. All you need to worry about is not dying. You already have Frost on the edge. He didn't even want you here in the first place." Cassie looked at her watch and hastily left the room.

Catherine looked around the metal and then tried to focus. If she was administered 'Zombie,' she should have hyperfocus and clarity. She gripped the armchair tightly; she needed to accept the drug instead of fighting the effects. Her muscles relaxed, the high setting in. The room became sharper, and her fogginess cleared. She looked to the floor and saw a rusted piece of scrap metal lying there. She sighed and braced herself for impact. She tipped the chair over and harshly hit the floor.

She slowly yet scooted herself over to the scrap metal and grabbed it. She turned it towards her wrist and began cutting away. When she got that hand free, she freed the other. She then pushed herself to her feet and stumbled in the direction Cassie went.

She was almost robbed of her balance when she felt some of the kind of turbulence that one only feels on a plane. "I am on an aircraft.." She needed to find Arthur immediately. She dashed to the first door she saw.

She turned the knob and silently opened the door. She saw him tied to a chair in the same manner she was. She rushed to him and began untying him from the bondage.

He smiled weakly at her, "Charlie?" "Zombie? " was still coursing through his system.

"I'm here." She answered softly while freeing his arms and legs.

He rubbed his wrists and said, "C-Cassie is in on it. Don't trust her."

"I-I know. Can you function properly?"

He got up, "Yeah, I feel fine. Do you know what's going on?"

'Should I tell him? Do I even know?'  She slid her hand down her chin and looked back at the door. "I need you to listen very carefully and do what I say. Do you understand?"

"Y-yeah?"

"I need you to find a place to hide. I don't want you to come out from there until I tell you. Okay?"