The people set up the tables and chairs out in back. The bouncy house was ready and the people with the food and cake arrived to set up the buffet and cake on a table. The decorations were up too. We invited our neighborhood kids, my friends from college kids, and close family and friends. My little girl came down the back porch steps looking beautiful.

Everyone was starting to get here and she was just so happy when she seen how many presents she had already

Everyone was starting to get here and she was just so happy when she seen how many presents she had already. My brother bought her a Barbie mustang car and she wouldn't stop driving around in it. She was having so much fun and that's when I seen Celina come in with jr. He ran to me and gave me a big hug

 He ran to me and gave me a big hug

He looked a lot like Celina. But had my brothers attitude, eyes, nose and lips. He then saw my brother and gave him the biggest hug and to Rebecca he just loved her. He ran and went to go play with Sophia.

The party went well. I was at the front door waiting for the rest of the parents to pick up their kids. I was outside when I seen a car pull up. I couldn't tell who it was but then I heard one of Sophia's little friends say "uncle Mikey!". I grabbed her goodie bag and walked her to him.

(Mikey)

(Mikey)

She ran to him and he picked her and they hugged. He gave her a kiss and then Genesis looked at me and smiled.
Genesis: do you think my unky is cute?
I laughed and that's when Mikey said to stop and it was enough. He put her in the back on her car seat and buckled her up. He closed the door and I handed him the goodie bag.
Mikey: I'm sorry about that haha
Jayla: it's fine, kids will be kids you know
Mikey: What's your name again? Don't think I got it
Jayla: Jayla Harris (shook hands)
Mikey: oh. Your family of Christian and Eddie Harris?
Jayla: uhh yeah. You know them?
Mikey: yea. I got to go tho.
I didn't pay any mind to it. I just got the rest of the kids to their parents. When they all left and the people who clean up were done I went back inside. My brother was out in back drinking with his football friends. We took Jr. and Sophia to sleep and then went back downstairs. Rebecca and Marisol were in the living room talking and drinking. We sat down and grabbe a drink too. They were talking about how this one girl was hoeing around our old hood. I was drinking my beer and just thinking about how Mikey reacted to me saying I was related to my brothers.
Marisol: what's wrong Jayla
Rebecca: hardcore thinking there haha
Jayla: well I just met this guy. She the uncle of little Genesis. Sophia's bff.
Celina: annnnnd is he cute?
Jayla: he's not bad looking at all but that's not what I'm thinking about.
Rebecca: what is it?
Jayla: when I told him my full name he asked me if I was related to Eddie and Christian.
Marisol: wait. What's Genesis last name again?
Jayla: I'm pretty sure it's Montgomery. That's her fathers last name. I don't know her moms.
Celina: wait. I know he is ..
I saw tears start running down Celina's face.
Celina: that's Brandon's step brother.
Jayla: what?
Celina: yeah..
Everyone was quiet. Celina got up and went upstairs to check on Jr. Rebecca took Marisol to the room she was staying in for the night. I was there by myself just thinking about Brandon. My heartached everyday. He hurt me in the worst way possible. My brother came in and locked the back door. He put his drink on the kitchen counter. He came over and stood in front of me. I looked up at him with my eyes watering up. He stood me up and hugged me so tight.
Eddie: I know you miss Brandon and it's okay to miss him. But you need to move on Jayla. He's locked up for years. Your going to be 21 soon. You got Sophia too. You got a whole life ahead.
He gave me a kiss on my forehead and told me to go to sleep. I looked at him as he was walking upstairs. I sat there and realized he was right. I had Sophia to worry about, I had to find love again. I had school as well. I just need to stop sticking to the past now.