Realisation

Mandy's POV

The evening was a great success and we had a great time, we were quite hoarse after all the booing and cheering we did.

We didn't win but came a respectable third, we did however get a bonus prize of a round of drinks for winning the celebrities round, which of course Diane excelled at.

Staggering out at closing time laughing and giggling, we said our goodbye's and parted company, with Diane and me walking down the high street towards the Bear Hotel.

Diane turned to me and grasped my hands in hers.

"Thank you a wonderful evening and being so nice to me"

"That's okay glad you enjoyed it"

As we reached the hotel entrance I stood and waited for Diane to enter, she turned looked at me and smiled.

"He's coming for you, you know that don't you?"

I sighed and nodded, I was so confused part of me couldn't wait to see him and the other part wanted to run and hide, it's like you see in films the devil on one shoulder and an angel on the other arguing the rights and wrongs.

She stepped back out and hugged me whispering in my ear.

"I would love you to be my sister"

Then she turned and disappeared inside, leaving me standing looking after her.

I made my way home and into my annex still mulling over what she had said to me, entering my lounge and all that was forgotten as Bonnie launched herself at me and I got down to play tug of war with her toy, before we set off to bed.

The following morning I followed my usual routine all be it with a thick head after our evening out, I found Rosie, Bella and Dawn in a similar state to me, so softly and quietly were the order of the day.

Sipping tea with the girls we reminisced about the previous evening and how we all enjoyed ourselves, then for me off round the park with Bonnie.

The fresh air did me the world of good clearing my head and Bonnie and I did a brisk walk and were soon back home, settling Bonnie I made my way to reception before I would go to the office and deal with paperwork.

On entering reception I was met with a familiar face.

"Hi Diane your up early"

"Um hi Mandy"

I noticed that she appeared to be on edge, looking around and tapping her foot, then I spied her cases.

"Are you leaving, I'm sorry to hear that thought you might want to have a sing along at the end of the week"

"Actually no I'm not leaving, just moving"

I gave her a quizzical expression and she grimaced before speaking.

"Moving in to here with..."

"Mandy there you are, I must say it's a lovely place you have here, cannot wait to sample the cream teas"

I turned and smiled quickly masking my shocked facial expression.

"Hello Mr and Mrs Jackson, what a pleasant surprise" I said as we hugged.

"I didn't think you would want to stay here, I thought you would be at the Bear Hotel, much posher"

"No way this is great the way people should see Britain" Mrs Jackson stated.

"Well would you like to make your way to the dining room and I'll get Rosie to rustle up some breakfast for you"

"That would be lovely dear, would you join us" asked Mrs Jackson.