Infected

Hey guys !! I'm here with the second chapter. I really hope y'all like it ! If there are any mistakes please comment where they are so I can fix it, I would really appreciate it. I read over the chapter but sometimes I accidentally skip one or two. Anyways, here you go!

Also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHANDLER !! MY BABY TURNED 17 !!! I WROTE THIS WHILE IT WAS HIS BIRTHDAY AND ITS NOT 12:58 IN THE MORNING WHICH MEANS ITS NO LONGER HIS BIRTHDAY BUT ITS NOT OVER OFFICIALLY BECASE TIME ZONES!

~~

So it was in the middle of the night and I can't sleep. I don't know why but I can't. I feel restless, like I'm weak and icky. Am I coming down with a cold or something? Maybe it's from not sleeping. Carl is luckily sleeping. He was so pissed off earlier. I just hope he doesn't blow up tomorrow.

~~

I heard an alarm go off.

Who's alarm is that.

I groaned as the sound reached my ears, waking me from my slumber.

Not even 5 seconds later I heard it shut off. Who's here?

"Carl?"

Rick.

"Carl. Come on. Try not to wake Ellie. Daryl wants her to sleep in."

Why?

"What time is it," I groan out as I turn over to where I'm facing Carl, who is now standing up.

"Very early knowing my dad."

"Well no shit."

"Are you still going to check Block D today," he asked, ignoring my sarcasm.

"Yeah, I'm gonna go check their supplies, make sure they have everything they need," I said kinda fully awake now, thanks Rick.

"Okay well I'm be most likely with my dad all day so please come visit so I don't have to be bored."

"Okay. Have fun," I told him as he walked out smirking, closing the curtain behind him.

Seeing as I won't be sleeping anytime soon, I get out of bed. I hurry and change my clothes and put on my converse, being the run was unsuccessful yesterday, I couldn't get new shoes. I put my knife in my holster that was on my waist. Just to be safe. I still don't fully trust the Woodbury people. I walked out the room untangling the knots in my hair as much as I can. I walked outside and decided to go check on Cell Block D, just to get that out of the way. As I made my way over there I started thinking about something.

Why, all of a sudden, Carl started smirking at me all the time? Like he used to every once in a while but now, it's all the time. I can't be thinking about this. Not in the middle of the apocalypse. Love is a distraction, like my dad always said.

Love is only going to destroy you.

He learned that from my mom. That's the only thing that I know about. My dad, Merle, and their dad never spoke a word about her after she left. The reason she left was because of me. I already know that. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

I was brought out of my thoughts when something grabbed my arm. My head shot up and I looked this thing dead in the eyes. Walker. I wasted no time and I took my knife out and stabbed it in it's head before it had to chance to bite me. I looked around and noticed walkers.