6

[Jeon Jungkook]

I came to school the next day. As I entered the class I had with Mina, I could not keep my eyes off her empty desk. I hope she is healing quickly at home, even though it may be impossible to do so. Flashbacks of her body were filling up my mind.

"Jeon Jungkook, what does amnesia mean?" My teacher questioned me. He probably called on me because I wasn't paying attention.

"It is a condition where a person is unable to remember things because of an incident." I replied, immediately thinking of Mina.

"Good." My teacher commented, closing the book he had in his hand.

The dismissal bell rang, and we were out for lunch. I stayed behind for a while, still thinking about how Mina was doing. As I packed everything in my backpack, I decided to call her. After a few minutes, she didn't answer two of my calls.

I took a deep breath, and finally put my backpack on.

"Do you know why Mina isn't here today?" A girl who was known for talking trash around the school came up to me, before I left the room. I scoffed at her.

"Why do you want to know? So that you can make up rumors?"

She stayed quiet. "No, it's because I wanted to confirm if she was actually hit by a car."

Everyone in class who was packing up their things, became silent. I looked around and saw that everyone was paying attention to our conversation.

I walked pass by her, ignoring her question.

I began to walk out of the school grounds, and went towards Mina's house. I ditched school, as it was a waste of my time. I should've skipped school today, was all I thought about.

"Jungkook?" Mina's mom answered the door. She looked at me in a disrespectful way.

"Can I see Mina? How is she?" I asked, while trying to look over her shoulder to see where Mina was.

"She's upstairs in her room. Go ahead." She sighed.

"You're really letting me in?" I confusedly looked at her. "Aren't you mad at me?"

"I can't put my anger onto you, nor on other people. Just don't give her permanet amnesia."

I nodded, taking off my shoes, as she gave me a pair of slippers.