The Wedding

*FOUR MONTHS LATER*

It was the day of the wedding and everything was set. All the guests once again were standing around chatting, waiting for the ceremony to start. Mrs. Ramirez became increasingly worried when there were no signs of her daughter showing up but all her dread melted away when she saw her walking down the hallway of the banquet hall. The couple had decided to wed on Pokitaru, since that was where Ratchet proposed in the first place. The banquet hall was reserved for the reception after the ceremony, where guest will share toasts, dance, and eat cake. It was sure to be a good time. Especially for the couple, which meant they were starting a new chapter in their lives. Alice came walking down the hallway in her wedding dress, which was a ball gown with swag sleeves, a sweetheart neckline and beaded lace bodice. She was accompanied by her tailor, Nancy, who was leading her to the room with multiple mirrors (like that room where Fiona was in the first shrek movie when she was about to marry farquaad. idk what it's called). There were some minor alterations to be made and then they were ready to start the ceremony.

Once they entered the room, Alice stood on top of the podium while Nancy made very tiny stitches into the bodice. The wound on her side finally healed enough to remove the bandages but she still had to be careful since it was still a little sore. Hopefully nothing will happen to irritate the spot because the last thing she wanted was to worry Ratchet and have to deal with an open wound again. But those thoughts were pushed away when Nancy finished stitching.

"Are you ready, love?" she said with a British accent. Alice looked at her reflection in the mirrors. Once again she looked like a princess, just like everyone said. She placed the tiara on her head and brought the front veil to her face. If only Dad was alive to see me, she thought. But no matter what negativity was lingering in her mind, she was fully prepared to begin the next chapter.

"I'm ready as I'll ever be," she said, stepping off the podium and walking out the doorway, with Nancy holding the train on the back of her dress. Her hair was now curly instead of wavy and she was still wearing the silver locket. As she waited by the entrance of the church (yes I added a random church to Pokitaru - again from my crazy imagination), Alice could hear the organist starting to play which signaled the ceremony was starting. She peeked from the side of the doorframe to see the priest holding the Bible and Ratchet in a tuxedo, looking completely nervous. She had to admit, he looked handsome in a suit. As she was peeking through the doorway, Nancy nudged her, handing her a bouquet of white roses. When she was handed the bouquet, her mom came to her and wished her luck.

At that moment, the song "Here Comes the Bride" is being played, which was her moment to walk down that aisle. She stepped onto the white carpet, all the guests standing up at her presence. A spotlight shone on her, making her brown eyes sparkle. With each step, she felt her heart flutter; each step meant one step closer to spending the rest of her life with her love. Ratchet felt the same way; as soon as he saw Alice appear, he felt his heart melt. She looked so beautiful, like a princess. And with each step she took, he could feel her one step closer to him. Once she reached the altar, the couple gazed into each other's eyes while the minister started the ceremony.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to witness the Union of a much beloved couple in holy matrimony, which is an honorable estate, that is not to be entered into unadvisedly or lightly, but reverently and soberly. Into this estate these two persons present come now to be joined. If any one can show just cause why they may not be lawfully joined together, let them speak now or forever hold their peace."

There was just silence. The minister continued.

"Who gives this woman to be married to this man?"

"I do, on behalf of my husband," Mrs. Ramirez said. The minister continued.

"We shall now commence the vows," the minister said, signaling Ratchet to say his vows. He held Alice's hand as he said them.

"I, Ratchet, take thee, Alice, to be my wedded wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, to love, honor, and cherish, 'til death do us part." Alice gazed into his eyes as she said her vows.

"I, Alice, take thee, Ratchet, to be my wedded husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, to love, honor, and cherish, 'til death do us part." Once the vows were said, the minister continued.

"The wedding ring is the outward and visible sign of an inward and spiritual bond which unites two loyal hearts in endless love. It is a seal of the vows Ratchet and Alice have made to one another. May she and he, who give them, and who wear these rings, live together in unity, love and happiness for the rest of their lives."

"Alice, I give you this ring as a symbol of our vows, and with all that I am, and all that I have, I honor you. With this ring, I thee wed." Ratchet took the ring and slid it onto her ring finger.

"Ratchet, I give you this ring as a symbol of our vows, and with all that I am, and all that I have, I honor you. With this ring, I thee wed." Alice took the remaining ring and slid it onto Ratchet's ring finger. The minister continued.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride." The couple share their first kiss being married, the guest now clapping vigorously, and Mrs. Ramirez crying tears of joy.

Once the ceremony ended, the couple and guests entered the banquet hall for the reception. One by one, the guests took their seats, with the couple taking their seats last. Once everyone was seated, Mrs. Ramirez stood up to make a toast.

"Hello everyone! May I please have your attention for just a few brief, heartfelt moments?" she said, raising her champagne glass. "A toast to the happy couple! Tonight, we are all here to honor the union of a beloved couple. As the bride's mother, I feel honored to be standing next to her on such an important day of her life. Ever since she was little, she would always tell me and my husband, "When I grow up, I want to have the wedding of my dreams. I want to look like a princess, just like Mommy did." She noticed Alice blushing a deep crimson. She kneeled down to her level. "Is this wedding everything you wanted, mi princesa?" She leaped from her seat and gave her a big hug.

"Yes Mom," she said, a few tears leaking from her eyes. "Thank you for everything." As mother and daughter cherished this moment, the guests started clapping, some of which were also shedding tears. After the toast, they had a wonderful meal, and then it was time to dance. The couple made their way to the dance floor as a slow song came on. All eyes were on them as the newlyweds danced for the first time married. While they were dancing, they were both thinking the same thing: what a wonderful life we're going to have together.