The Necromancer

He had only read the spell once, and didn't think twice when setting up the ritual. He was confident that he was skilled enough to pull it off.

He meticulously set out the candles in a perfect circle around a large stone table, where the body of an ancient and long dead warrior lay. He was perfect, that warrior. Perfect to wreak havoc on the townspeople near the hill where the mage was working. It had a strong build, wore hardened armor, and bore the largest axe in all Balbador. Even the warriors of Narconia hadn't seen a larger axe.

The mage carefully inspected the body. Nothing was amiss. No broken limbs, and no other serious damage. Only a puncture hole which had originally ended the warriors life.

The mage wasted no more time. He stood over the body and started to chant the spell. He was slow and soft at first. Then, the body started to stir. The more it moved, the higher the mage grew in volume, and the faster he chanted.

Finally, the mage stopped chanting. He was beginning to notice his handiwork. The dead warrior was becoming undead, just as he'd planned.

"Oh, finally! My own undead slave" the mage said with excitement. The dead warrior opened it's cold dead eyes, which glowed with an eerie red light.

"Hahahaha! Those fools in the village. They threw me out of my home! Threw rocks and jeered at me. Well, let's see who's laughing once I send you to deal with them! Hhahahahahaha!

The undead warrior stood at least a foot taller then the mage. It's fiery red eyes burned with hatred.

"Now go! Kill everyone in that town!" The mage said, pointing to the town below the hill where they were.

The undead's eyes took a stern look. The warrior drew the axe from the sheath on it's back, and raised it above it's head.

The mage's eyes widened in fear.

"W-what are you doing?! Stop! Obey me! No! STOOOOOOOOOP!!!"

The undead brought down the heavy axe blade on the mage, who fell silent.

Repeatedly, the warrior worked the axe over the mage, the axe landing with a wet thump each time. It's eyes glowed with more hate with each blow. Over and over again, it chopped the mage until he was fully dismembered.

Finally, the undead warrior stopped. Turning it's attention towards the village, the undead warrior began its slow shuffle towards it.