Childhood

October 24, 1995

"Mummy can I wear the pink ones?!" I ask mum. "No darling you must wear the white ones we are visiting a wedding." Mum says and she slips my shoes on my tiny feet. Before she puts the second shoe on she tickles my foot and I giggle and I wiggle around. She gets off her knees and picks me off of the chair. She holds me and walks to the couch. She sets me down. "mummy needs to get ready now honey please stay here." Mummy says. I nod and she taps my nose and makes weird noises with her mouth. I laugh even more. She walks out of the living room and up the stairs. My older brother comes down. I get off the couch cause I spot a toy. I crawl to it and play with it. My brother plays with a little pebble.

"Okay let's get going sha'll we?" I always remember her voice being so sweet. My brother and I leave the living room except I bring my toy which is a plastic horse. My mum picks me up and we all go out the door. "Where is daddy?" I ask clueless as I am only a toddler. "He can't make it sweetie. But he'll be back." She says with a smile. "He'll be back," she mutters under her breath.she opens the back door and buckles me in my car seat. My brother goes on the other side of the car to get in. I fall asleep on the car ride there. My mum wakes me up and unbuckled me. She picks me up and carries me to these big doors. My brother follows. We walk in and I see some family friends and strangers. Mum puts me down so I can socialise. I start trotting around. Mum is speaking to other girls her age and brother is speaking to his peers. I run up to a little group of girls which I think are my age. I wave to them "want to play ponies wit me?" I ask. "We don't want to play ponies wit you." One girl says. Another says "yea we only play dollies." And then another girl joins in "go play with your ponies with somebody there." I nod ashamed. I walk over to this little barrel and sat behind it. I looked at my pony and hugged it. I cried quietly. "Are you alright?" I hear a voice. "*sniffles* u-huh" I say. Then a little blonde headed boy came out. He sat next to me. "That's alright daddy said gwirls don't like their feelings anyways." He says. I nod surprised that he talks to me. "Do you not like to talk?" He asked. I shrug my shoulders. "Okay whatever you say." He smirked. Wh-hats yo-ur n-name?" I stutter. "My name is Joe." He says. I nod "mine is (Y/N)" I say.

A/N short first chapter but the next one is longer. Cute baby Joe at the top!