Genesis

This is kinda like a second prologue sort of a background. Enjoy.

Before there was the Gods. Before there was really anything, there was Death and Life. They had not magically appeared out of nowhere, they just existed. They floated in nothingness, unaware of time or anything really. Until the two bumped into each other in the midst of absolutely nothing. It was then they became aware of their surroundings.

At that time Death wasn't yet Death. He was just like Anima and he too had a name. Calix. It was during that time that, as the two immortal beings created the planets and the world today, they fell in love. 

They had lived peacefully and happily with each other, creating trees and animals, the seas and the stars, everything there is now. The two even conceived a child, a beautiful daughter who they named Litianna.

Things were good for the immortals, as their child grew older rapidly. In a blink of an eye, for the Immortals anyways, Litianna had reached her mature age of 500 years. Though she had stopped aging at 18, she was now able to fully control her powers as well as her parents, even better.

But then things changed, Anima wanted more things to create other than animals and plants. She wanted more immortals to talk to and so she convinced Calix to help her create the Gods. With no help from their daughter, who was off tending to the animals, they went to work. 

With their combined powers of Life they created them, the Gods. Making them powerful and good, and to Anima it felt like an addition to the family. Poseidon was the first God created, and the other main 13 where soon to follow.

Although Anima was brimming with joy over her newly created family, Calix started to feel a resentment grow in his stomach. He felt as if Anima was trying to replace him, wasn't he good enough to be all that Anima desired. It was then that Calix started to feel the first stirrings of hate inside of him.

It didn't help Calix's growing hatred when Litianna was also excited about the newly created Gods. He was being replaced by his own family, his heart felt broken and crushed. But filling in those new cracks and fissures in his heart was hate, and it slowly changed Calix.

Anima and Litianna who where all to busy talking and playing with the new Immortals never noticed in time. The other Gods where no help in noticing the change in Calix either, they just didn't care about him as much as they did Anima.

Calix was not only jealous of Anima's popularity among the Immortals, that HE helped create, he started to hate her because of it as well. He even started to hate his own daughter, who once used to fill him with joy at the mere sight of her, now it just reminded him of someone who also forgot about him.

With these feeling of hate, a change occurred in Calix. He didn't just hate the new Gods and his family, he wanted them dead. Well he mostly wanted the new Gods to die, and for life to go back to normal for his family. It was this feeling of malice, that cause Calix to become what he is in the present time. Death. 

With that change came a new person, Calix was no longer Calix. He was Death and only death. He, who was once a thing of life had wished death on an innocent person (immortal really), and for it he was no longer a thing of life but a creature of death.

Sure Death still looked the same as Calix did, but underneath the skin was a boiling hatred for anything that got to live happily. He and Anima started to fight a lot.

"Our daughter is to powerful Anima!" Death yelled, his eyes glaring coldly at her. Death could see how Anima shrank back from his glare, and if he had any feelings left he would have felt guilt for causing her to be scared. But he didn't feel guilt all he felt was anger and hatred towards Anima and her spineless behavior.