Chapter one - in which it begins.

- - Skylar's Pov - -

It all started when I got home from University for Christmas Holidays.

I was sat in my living room running my fingers through my hair when I felt a small spot on the back of my skull, not thinking anything of it I squeezed it with my fingers, nothing coming out I concluded the fact that it just had not grown a head yet.

Deciding to go talk to my mother I headed into the kitchen and told her about the small spot on the back of my head.

"There is no head Momma I told you this already" I mumbled as she squeezed at the spot which lay on the back of my skull.

"The head should be there by the weekend, I will get it then" she muttered to me and sent me on my way so she could continued cooking up the roast which we would be eating later that night.

Well 1 month had passed and the lump was still there, forgotten over Christmas as the activities in which my family and I had endured in had taken over every fiber of my mind, this memory causing me to pull a funny face over how stupid we must of looked, and now back at the campus I had been sat in my lecture room for over 2 hours when I finally got up to hand in my paper.

I instantly felt dizzy as I stood up but I shook my head, trying to make the room stop spinning in my mind. As the feeling got worse I tried to make it to the desk of my Lecturer, that's when my papers went flying around me as I collapesed onto the floor.

Everything now just a black pool of emptiness.

When I had woken up I had been hooked to many things, such as a heart monitor and a breathing machine that was to give me the oxygen I needed.

Soon after I had woken up the nurse who had been signed to my ward took my obs and concluded that I was fit for an MRI scan.

The wait for the scan took more than an hour and in that time I had a seizure.

My parents made it to the hospital and we were all confused to why this was happening, especially to there little girl in which usually had a healthy record when it came to medical reasons.

After I awake from my seizure they took me for my scan, the look on the nurse's face told me something was up but yet I could not read it enough to tell me why she had that look, and why she would not look me in the eye as she wheeled me to my ward.

3 hours passed and I was sat in my bed eating jell-o when the nurse and two doctors came in. They all held a similar look on there faces, which I learnt to be remorse and sorrow for the condition that I had been cursed with.

"Miss Adler" one of the nurses, whose name tag read 'Mia Taylor' said to me with a soft and sensitive tone in her voice.

"We have some unfortunate news for you" she said and looked to the doctor, whose name read 'P.Ward'

"Using the MRI scan we detected that you have a cancerous tumor in your brain" he said and smiled softly. Now don't blame the doctor, it wasn't a 'ha you got cancer you're going to die' smile it was a 'i'm sorry we can't do anything for you' type of smile.

I slowly nodded my head, closed my eyes and sighed.

I was a 19 year old girl, who had her whole life ahead of her, great grades and a apprenticeship at NASA, and here I was, on the brink of death.

"So what is her treatment options" my Father burst out loud, taking me from the evil trance that I now have to call life.

The 3rd doctor, 'Dan' was on his name tag, looked down at the white floor that had small grey specks upon the marble, looking at it like it was the most interesting thing in the world.