Prologue:

*3rd person POV*

"Go! Hurry!" she screams at the dragon as she hops on her back. "Come back here!" the man chasing her yells. The dragon takes off and as they fly off the island, she turns around and watches as the island gets smaller and smaller. The dragon makes a huffing noise and then a throaty hum. The girl turns back around and sees her dragon looking at her. She pats the dragon's head and says, "Its okay. We're safe now. I hope. Let's not worry about that now. Lets just worry about finding a place to rest away from danger." With that said, they continue to fly around when they spot a tall island that has a big forest on it. Although they didn't fly all the way around it so they didn't notice the village on the other side. They land in about the middle of the forest. The dragon lays down while the girl goes around collecting dry wood. She brings it back to the small clearing they were in. She piles them up and steps back a little bit. The dragon spits out a small flaming ball and lights the fire. They warm themselves up a bit and then the girl crawls over to the dragon and it lifts one wing closest to the fire. The girl crawls underneath it and the dragon lowers their wing to cover up the girl. Within moments they fall asleep.

***A/N: yay!!! I've been thinking of starting a how to train your dragon fan fiction story for a while since its my favorite movie and television show. Haha. Well, I hope you enjoyed this. See ya!***