Chapter 2: The Acceptance

Dedicated to love1o3

"I need you to be my wife," Jason said. "So starting today, we're married. Got it?" My mind went blank, unsure of how to feel. That's when Jason continued to explain. "Of course this isn't a real marriage. You just have to pretend to be my wife."

"Pretend?" I asked.

"Of course, did you think you were really marrying me?" He asked, his nose turned up in what seemed to be disgust. "I don't want to marry someone I'm not in love with." My mouth dropped, and I wanted to yell at him so bad, but I was speechless at all of this. "So I take that as a yes?" He asked. "Great! Now our fake marriage is established."

"Wait! Hold on!" I said, finally finding the strength to speak. "I didn't agree to anything."

"What?" Jason asked in annoyance, his eyes widening as he looked at me. "What don't you like about it? Let me know if somethings bothering you."

"There are too many things to name! I don't know where to start. I can't marry someone that I just met today!"

"I said it's a fake marriage. Like a role-play couple."

"If you're not legally married you can't call it a role-play couple." Lucas said that, cutting into our conversation. That's when everybody else decided to join in too.

"What's a role-play couple?" Noah asked.

"Doesn't it refer to couples who's marriage is destroyed?" Mr. Finley asked.

"It doesn't matter," Lucas said. "They're not going to be legally married, so it would be weird to call them a role-play couple."

"What should I call it then?" Jason asked them.

"Faux couple?" Mr. Finley smirked.

"A make believe couple?" Noah added.

"A couple deceiving the world?" Seth said that one.

"Oh that's more like it," Uncle smiled.

"It doesn't matter what we call it." Jason sighed, clearly losing patience with them.

"Why do we have to pretend to be married?" I asked.

"Huh?"

"Please, tell me why."

"Is that important?" Jason asked.

"Yes! It's of the utmost importance!"

"Explain it to her, Jason," Lucas said. "Women like to understand the process of things."

"I guess I'll tell you," he sighed. He sat up in his chair, and I sat up too trying to brace myself.

"A few months ago, I was hired as a science teacher at a private school."

"It's an all girls private school too! I'm so jealous of him!" Noah grinned.

"Noah!" Lucas groaned, giving him a weird look.

"I'm sorry," he frowned.

"As Noah said," Jason continued. "It's a historic prestigious all girl school. The school rules are strict, and they don't allow their students to date. A minority's of the teachers are women, and the few male teachers they have must be married. They have a rule not to hire single men. So I said I had a fiancée. I lied on my interview. Told them we weren't married yet due to personal reasons. If they found out I will be fired immediately."