Day 7

A little bit of Gravy

I woke up with an amazing insight for the day. Like I was having a new energy; a positive one. I got up in my bed and walked towards the bathroom with a smile on my face. I decided to just wear fit denim jeans, a simple black shirt, and went with a pair of vans to match it up. I took a quick glance in the mirror to take a look of myself. Not the usual I thought, but comfortable and good. No more heels and short dresses. I went out of the apartment and called for a cab when I saw an old lady, our neighbor Mrs. Smith, crossing the streets with unease. I signaled the driver to wait for a moment and crossed the streets to help her. She was shocked at first by my gestures, but she had a very pleasing smile when we crossed the streets. She gave me a thank you that was filled with gratitude before going inside her house. I smiled and felt some heartwarming feeling inside of me. Being good isn't bad after all. I turned my attention to the cab and went in. I instructed the driver to where I am heading. He just gave me a smile and nodded.

We arrived at school after about twenty minutes. I paid for my ride and said thank you. I haven't said that phrase much and I didn't knew that saying it can compensate to a very fulfilling feeling. I felt happy as I walked out of the cab and entered school.

I walked in to school with a big smile in my face. People were a little shocked and confused as I pass them with a hello and hi. I managed to meet Mr. Anderson on my way to the first subject. I stopped and gave him a big smile.

"Good morning Sir." I greeted him.

"Good morning Jade, looks like you have slept well last night." He commented after recovering from the initial shock.

"Just woke up positively." I plainly answered.

"I hope you wake up with the same attitude everyday." He replied. I just smiled at him and we both went our way.

I only had three subjects on Fridays so today won't be so loaded. I'm planning to head on to D's apartment probably around two in the afternoon after class. The day went on with me focusing with the lectures and for the first time in my college stay I got a perfect score on a pop quiz. I was so happy and proud. The instructor was a bit shocked at first but he said he was happy that I finally paid attention to his subject.

Lunch time arrived and I went to the cafeteria to find the gang. It didn't last long until I got a glimpse of them at our favorite spot, the table at the center. Andrew was tutoring Lydia but Samantha was left alone feeling a little bothered. I went to them with the quiz paper in my hand.

"Look guys I got a perfect score." I boasted as I was showing them my quiz result.

"Wow, good job Jade." Andrew commented.

"You sure that's yours? Maybe you copied the answer from a geek classmate while you seduce him" Lydia teased. I stood my ground and held my head high.

"Nope, I listened well to the discussion." I replied arrogantly.

"Why don't you do the same thing?" Andrew asked Lydia mockingly. Lydia just shook her head and just went back to her book.

"Come on let's get back to work." Lydia stated and turned her attention back to the physics book.

"Aren't you happy for me Sam?" I asked Samantha as I sat beside her.

"I am. Good job sissy." Samantha replied with a forced smile.

"Okay. Now what's wrong?" I asked. She was a bit shocked but managed to give me yet another forced smile.