Entry 020

J U L L I A N

Once upon a time, there was a naive little girl. She believed that if she could convince one broken boy that the world wasn't so bad, he'd add colour to hers, too. She licked his wounds, coddled and patched his heart and ointmented his scars with her tears.

And his heart began to heal; the grey cloud he carried above him each day started to clear up, thunderstorms and hurricanes turned to light showers and patchy overcast. He turned into her crutch when she hadn't even known she had a broken leg.

She wanted him to know this, to appreciate this so they could stand together under his sunny sky, but every time she tried, so many times she tried, he'd let her slip and her broken leg would get worse, and worse, and worse...

Until she decided that maybe the sun wasn't for her and perhaps her hands were always meant to be cold. After all it was his stormy cloud that had turned into a clear blue sky and the rainbow after the rain was not hers to have.

She wrote to him explaining this: she liked his heart as good as new although the seams of the patches she'd added were a little visible. She liked that that way she'd always be a part of him because now she was leaving. She needed to learn how to walk on her own because her broken leg needed to heal.

Lightning struck and the grey cloud was back, the stitches of the patches came loose and the boy had no more tears for his scars. Faraway, where she was, the little girl heard the thunder that accompanied the lighting and knew the boy needed her. Her leg had healed a little and so she ran as fast as it would let her.

She found the boy drenched from the storm; a storm her absence had created. He was okay now, the tempest had subsided; it was a temporary reaction, but with a lasting effect. Heat started to return to his body and the celsius rose.

His temper became red hot, nothing like the warm sun she couldn't stand under but more blistering. This burned as much as the pain of her broken leg and again she had to leave, this time for good. She secretly hoped that maybe he would cool down for her but he didn't.

He found a better phenomenon. Another girl, this one made of lava to match his heat. Together they made not natural disasters but miracles and in time, maybe the naive little girl's leg would heal but as for now, she limps past the ashes and ointments her own scars with her tears.

Conclúsiōn: I wrote this two months ago and I think it's vague but also descriptive enough - I mean, I don't wanna let all my secrets out; at least not on the 20th entry :) and especially not if I may get killed for it :/

If you hadn't caught on yet, I am 'naïve little girl'. It me.

Lava Girl (not from SharkBoy and LavaGirl, obvs) is kinda pretty, probably overall better than me. UGH.

In other news, happy 200 reads! *dancing woman emoji*