Sniper X Reader Ch.2 [Road Rage]

"Ladies and gentlemen, this is our last stop, TueFort."
The bus drivers voice booming over the intercom made you jolt awake, and you blinked several times, adjusting to the light. The late afternoon sunlight filtered through the windows, illuminating everyone on the bus as they scrambled off with its bright white light. The reason everyone was off in a hurry is so they could exit before the lunch hour workers came rushing on like a starved stampede of elephants.
Quick as a flash you jumped up, wiping the dried drool off your face. Grabbing your (f/c) backpack, you ran down the small busses aisleway, until you reached the front and turned to get off. The bus driver glared daggers at you, shaking his head, most likely from earliers happenings. Jeez, it's not my fault a creepy handsome guy was being weird and got stabbed.. Wait no that came out wrong... Um.. Nevermind.
Being the last one to exit, you stepped down the steps, and a man holding a small leather briefcase pushed you with his shoulder and grumbled, "move, lady," as he stepped onto the bus. You looked back at him with a glare, then stepped down the last step of the bus, onto the gray pavement. Avoiding the people by weaving your way past, you looked ahead at the looming wooden building, the train station, and gasped at its sheer size. The large wooden building was carved into a rectangle with few tall windows, and a train shaped sign spelling out 'TueFort Train Station' was hung above the arching entrance.
You entered under the arch, into the darkened train station. Bigger than a mall, it had stairs up ahead going up on either side of a large clock, and an arching exit to the parking lot below said clock. There were many shops lining the sides of the station, probably because they'd get lots of tourists to buy their stuff. A large ceiling curved up into a glass roof, with sunlight filtering through it.
You walked forward, hesitating slightly, as you didn't know where to go.
"Who was supposed to meet me here again...? A man with a fedora or something?" You muttered lowly to yourself, searching the sea of faces as it moved with waves of people. Many, many people were present, and of all of them only a few were wearing fedoras, constantly moving in and out of view. You decided to approach the nearest one, who was near a payphone. Tapping him on his shoulder, he grumbled something before fidgeting with the phone. He was wearing a black fedora and dark grey trench coat, and you gulped. He seemed to be one of those people that hid so they could do something illegal, and you started fidgeting under his glare as he turned to you.
"U-um.. Are y-you with RED?" You asked him. He gave a confused look and shook his head slowly, turning back to whatever he was doing. Fidgeting with something, but it was too small to see.
You let out a breath you didn't realize you were holding and moved on to another person with a fedora ahead. He was a tall lanky man, with a dusty brown folded fedora thing and orange shades, and seemed to be standing around as if he was lost. And... Is that a sniper rifle on his back?
And a giant knife!? While walking towards him, you passed a small built in store that caught your eye and glanced inside to see tons of people with hats of varying kinds.
A jaw dropping amount of people in there, specifically men, were wearing fedoras. You then looked up at the storefront sign.
'Hat Emporium! By Mann Co.'
You decided to head to that place first, and then approach the man with the oversized weapons if all else failed. You walked in the store and immediately a man who looked to be in his early twenties ran up to you with a cheesy smile.
"Hello and welcome to Mann Co. Hat Emporium, our specialty today- Fedoras! Here, try one on!" He plopped a pink cheetah print fedora on your head and before you could respond, he lit up in a bright smile again, cutting you off.
"Op, new customer, gotta dash! Hope you find what you're looking for!~"
He zoomed away, leaving you a confused flustered mess. You slowly removed the pink fedora and looked around, seeing nowhere to shelve it. Setting the hat by a random shelf, you walked out of the store hesitantly. You blinked several times, taking a mental note to never go in there again.
"O-k... Only use that as a last resort, seeing as there's too many people and I don't want to be assaulted by hats..." You whispered to yourself, walking away. While walking, you looked back at the store one more time, thinking to yourself. I hope he's not in there though. It would take forever to find him... I guess I'll go find that one man with the giant gun on his back and--
"Oof!" A male voice said surprisedly as you two collided, falling to the ground. You fell too, and groaned at the impact of the marble floor. The cold floor was on your aching back, soothing the pain some. You arched your back and groaned as it cracked. Your eyes fluttered open to see the man kneeling above you, with concerned eyes. Just the guy you were looking for.
"Yah ok there, Sheila?" He asked, holding out his hand.
"Y-yeah, thanks..." You said, grabbing his hand and standing with his help. He was surprisingly strong and pulled you right up, catching you off guard. You wobbled, looking up at him with a sheepish smile. Noticing the dusty brown folded fedora on his head, you asked him about it.
"Uhm... A-are you the guy from RED? With the fedora?" You asked. He laughed.
"It's an akubra, mate. And yes ma'am, Oi sure am, are you thuh new recruit?" He asked, taking off his akubra. You nodded, taking in the details of his handsome face.
Underneath he had a dark brown fuzzy hair, spiking and sparkling with sweat. You looked through his dark orange shades into his barely visible eyes, and nodded your head slowly. His face was elongated, but not so much that it seemed to drip off his head. His carved jaw was curved down, ending in a bump on his chin with sloppily shaved stubble. His cheekbones were carved smoothly with a small smile playing on his lips, and his large ears had sideburns running down the side, his piercing gaze seen barely through his orange shades. Your ear tips, along with the crests of your cheekbones, burned at the sight of the man, and you hoped that it didn't show.
"Noice to meet'cha, shiela. Thuh names Sniper." He held out his gloved hand, and you shook it. Yet again his strength was obvious, as he firmly gripped your hand, shaking it up and down fast. You looked at his arms, which indeed rippled with muscle as you shook hands. Letting go, he smiled warmly.
"I-I'm (Y/N)." You smiled a lopsided smile at him.
"Well, yah ready to get goin'?" He asked, plopping his hat back on his head.
"Mmhm." You hummed, starting to get nervous. What if he doesn't like me? You gulped. What if I do something stupid? What if-
"You comin'?"
"Y-yeah, sorry!" You called. Noticing he was now a distance away you ran up to him awkwardly, and the two of you made your way out of the train station.
"So... Y'from around here?" Sniper asked, looking straight ahead as he walked.
"No, I had a long ride here.." You replied.
Awkward silence ensued as you two walked.
"..Cool." Sniper responded, breaking the silence after a moment. The void of silence between the two of you was only filled with the murmuring background noises of people walking and talking, and the soft clicking of both of your footsteps on the cold marble floor.
The two of you excited the train station into the bright afternoon light, and you squinted as all the cars seemed to reflect the light. Your face scrunched as the two of you headed all the way to the back of the long parking lot, where Sniper had parked his vehicle.
"Here." Sniper said bluntly, handing you his shades.
"Oh... Thank you," you said gratefully. You delicately put them on your face, and they slid down past your nose. Pushing them back up, they just slid down again.
"Uhm..."
Sniper looked at you, the glasses sliding down your nose again. Sniper chuckled lowly, taking the glasses from your face.
"Oi'm not sure if these beauties are gunna fit'cha, shiela." He put them back on his face and took off his hat, planting it on your head. It was warm from him wearing it, and was so big that it blocked everything perfectly. You pushed it up and held it with your hand, and Sniper chuckled again.
"I'm only lettin' yah use it just this once, (y/n). It's moi favorite hat, and if anything happens you're held responsible. Got it?" You laughed, nodding.
Soon the two of you reached his camper, and he got in the drivers side. Not even opening a door for you! Some mentlegen. I-I mean, uh... Gentleman. You ran around to the other side, opening the heavy door and hopping in the passengers seat. Closing the door, you reached up to your head to grab his akubra.
"Hey, did you want this back...?" You asked him. He raked a hand through his sweaty hair, and looked at you out the corner of his eyes through his orange shades.
"Nah, moi head needs tuh breathe anyways. Oi wear that too often. So often, in fact, that Spoi teases that oi should marry it."
You snorted with laughter, the hat sliding over your face again.
"Who's Spy? He sounds funny, like you."
Sniper started up the car, and you pushed the hat back up on your head so you could actually see again. Clicking your seatbelt in, Sniper started speaking again.
"Funny? Me? Everyone at the base always calls me a deadbeat. And the Spoi? He's jus' a coworker of mine. The most annoying, in fact, shiela."
You made a silent 'O' with your mouth, watching as he buckled up then started driving. The camper exited the paved parking lot onto a dirt road, the vehicle bumping up and down as the crumbling dirt puffed up in clouds behind it. The camper gave a soft hum as it drove along the road, and a small bobble head nodded up and down repeatedly at you. The sandy desert landscape fascinated you, and you looked at the passing power lines and occasional cacti as you rode along. You like sand. It's squishy.
"So..." Sniper started. You dragged your attention from the window, looking at Sniper.
"Y'know, oi never thought thuh new recruit would be a shiela... I thought it'd be another bloody wankah who wouldn't last a day 'ere." Sniper kind of chuckled at the end, turning on his turn signal and turning the camper down a road with sandy orange mountains on either side.
"I'm not sure whether I should be offended or not, what do you mean you didn't expect a girl?" You playfully punched his arm, and he pretended to be hurt, pulling it back with a goofy grin.
"Ow, don't punch so 'ard!" He exclaimed.
"Can't help it, I hit like a girl." You said, smiling to yourself.
"Yeah, yah do." Sniper said, trying to keep a straight face.
"Well I didn't want to hurt the driver!"
"True, if you hurt me, the both of us would be headin' to our graves." 
A silence ensued for awhile after, but you didn't mind as you grinned to yourself like an idiot, laying your head on your arms as you looked out the side window.
Why am I grinning so much? Do I like him or something?
You stole a glance at him, to see him angrily furrowing his brows. You decided not to ask him about it, he was probably just mad at some weirdo doing something idiotic on the roads. Or at least that's what you assumed, seeing as you would always read rumors of everyone in TueFort being lead poisoned idiots due to bad ground water. Must be why the ad for RED advertised they had clean bottled water too.
You busied yourself with watching the passing landscape- dusty orange looming mountain walls. Soon the camper started slowing. Outside everything started slowing too, until everything came to a sudden screeching halt, jolting you up.
Sniper honked the horn of his camper, fuming. You jumped at the sudden noise.
"Come on, this is the second time yah bloody wankah, get out the way!" He shouted out the window, spit flying from his mouth. You sat up, poking out from underneath Sniper's hat, looking out the windshield. The glare of the light made it so you could barely see, and the hat didn't help you, as the glare came off the hood of the camper and shone into your eyes.
"What's wrong?" You asked. Just barely being able to make it out, you could see some guy in a car who stopped right in front of the camper, smack dab in the middle of the road.
"That guy, that's wot!" Sniper pointed at him with his pointer finger, a look of hate on his face as he looked down at him like that one meme. (Come on, y'all know what I'm talking 'bout. ;] )
"Why don't you just go around him?"
Sniper gave you that look like, 'bish, dats every woman's advice evah and does it ever EVEN FREAKING WORK--'
"Oh, oi dunno how, why don't you take the wheel and show me how it's done?" Sniper said sarcastically, looking you dead in the eyes. You blinked, a look of hurt flashing across your features briefly. Sniper grumbled an apology, looking back out the windshield and pushing his hand through his dark hair, blowing out air.
"Well.... If he won't get out of the way, then I guess we c- hey look, he's moving!" Sniper looked up in surprise as the car sped up immensely, leaving a cloud of dust as it drove away.
"About toime too.. Bloody teenage idiots.." He said in a low voice, pushing down on gas pedal. The camper sped up, resuming its humming, but more aggressive. An angry tone hung in the air as you two drove along. Not exactly a pleasant or comfortable silence, if you know what I mean. In the distance the two guys were barely visible, and you squinted to see a cloud up dust rising around them.
"What're they doin' now..?!" Sniper mumbled as the camper neared them. He slowed to a halt behind them, squinting with hate at them. Screeching tire noises could be heard over the shouts and whooping of what seemed like teenagers. The clouds of dust soon dispersed and the car sped away, leaving behind doughnut driving marks from their tires in the dirt.
"Why those little-!" Sniper sped up the camper, loud humming and dirt and rocks flicking against the bottom, until he was right next to them and pulled down his window angrily.
"Ay!" He shouted. The car simply sped up and got in front of Snipers camper. Sniper tried to move around them, but they simply moved in front of him again. You watched in mild amusement as Sniper got worked up over the teenage idiots. You wanted to just suggest calling the cops, but kept your mouth shut. Sniper clutched the wheel with his fists, turning his knuckles white. The car then suddenly stopped to a screeching halt, making Sniper swerve the camper around them. They then sped away again, making Sniper super angry. With no regard for the law, Sniper went twice as fast as them to catch up to them, and was right to the left of them when they suddenly stopped again. Swerving back, his camper came to a halt in front of the small car. The car was blue, but it was so dirty you could hardly tell unless up close. Sniper unbuckled and swung the heavy camper door open, jumping out. His feet crunched each time he took a step on the dirt road while he walked up to their car, with you curiously watching from the windshield, peeping through the bottom of his warm akubra.
He knocked hard on their tinted windows, and they rolled them down to reveal a greaser dude, smoking, with a beer bottle in hand. He waved the bottle around, and his mouth moved like he was slurring words. Sniper seemed to be shouting and pointed up at the car, and back at them, an enraged look on his face. The greaser stepped out of the car, breaking his beer bottle on the hood of it. He pointed it at Sniper, and Sniper pulled out his giant knife. Kukri he called it? You didn't know. Another guy, with a goatee, got out of the other side of the car, and pulled a pack of cigars out and lit one.
You quickly got out of the camper, not wanting to see anyone hurt. Hopping down on the dirt road, you started running towards them.
"Wait, no! Stop!" You shouted, waving your arms wildly. The greaser, with beer bottle raised, whirled around and pointed it at you.
"Who daressss..... Hey, lil lady..! You loooook mighty f-fine.." His words slurred as he approached you, body swaggering slightly. He stretched, then putt his arm around your shoulders.
"Wanna go for a real *hic* j-joy riiiiidde, unlike this mother ducking... Duck... I like ducks..." He seemed to zone out, looking at the sky with a dumb face. He then zoomed back to reality, looking at you and your mortified expression.
"Heyyyyy, you're pretty, wanna... *hic*, wanna put on some blindfolds and get into my car..?" he asked. You looked to a now fuming Sniper and mouthed a silent 'help'. Sniper grabbed the man off you, ripping the beer glass out of his hand. He threw him on the hood of the car with a thunk, and got in his face menacingly.
"Oi'm just about to call the police, boy. Harassment, drunk droivin', and wotevah the hell that rubbish was..."
"Woah, take... Take it easy old man! You're such a feckin... Loser,, duuuude..." The drunken greaser slurred, his eyelids flickering open, then lazily going back to half lidded again like he was trying to look surprised. If anything he looked stupid, and quite obviously drunk.
Sniper looked at you and whispered, "Is it ok if I can use some foul language (y/n)?"
He gave a dead serious look and you nodded. He beamed like a psychopath and started shouting the most intense profanity possible, flipping them off and throwing the greaser guy against the hood of the car. The other dude with the greaser tried running, but tripped and fell, hitting his head on the car and falling on top of the greaser dude.
Sniper wiped his hands on his pants and whistled, his work there done. He looked at you and slightly flinched, apologizing profusely for what you just saw.
"Oi'm so sorry shiela! Honest, I didn't want to do that in front of a lady, but I had no choice and they were endangering us, and... and-"
"It's ok!" You cut him off, laughing. To be completely honest, you enjoyed watching his muscles ripple and flex as he grabbed the greaser by the neck, throwing him down, like an overprotective bear keeping a wolf from his cubs. But, you weren't about to say that out loud.
He sighed in relief, sticking his hands in his pockets.
"Alroight, but if it bothers ya all ya got tuh do is say the word and Oi'll stop."
The two of you made your way back to the camper, and separated ways as he got in the drivers side and you got in the passengers seat.
"Oi need a smoke.." you heard him grumble from the other side of the camper as the two of you got in.
The rest of the drive wasn't exactly pleasant. Silence oppressed like you were underwater. You barely could breathe. You stole a few glances at Sniper as he drove, fists clenching and unclenching on the steering wheel.
You cleared your throat and Sniper cocked an eyebrow, glancing over at you.
"Wot?" He asked. Silence ensued.
"We won't... get in legal trouble for that.. will we?"
Sniper chuckled dryly, like he was forcing it.
"Nah. Don't worry shiela."
You gulped and nodded.
Soon you turned into a hidden cave that went underground, and went through a series of tunnels before coming to a place where a garage code hung on the wall. Sniper reached through his window and entered '1111' into the system. The cave opened like a garage, and soon you were inside.

You felt the nervous jitter of butterflies again.